Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecting HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer?

I am quite new to Z-Wave. I have used X-10 forever and thought it was time to make the switch to Z-Wave.

For the HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer it states:

Put your Z-Wave controller into inclusion mode.
    Then it states to press "add device" on your Z-tool+mobile app. What is the Z-tool mobile app and why does one need a mobile app to add a z-wave device to homeseer?

Then it says to tap the paddle on the dimmer to start inclusion process and to name the dimmer and assign it a location using z-tool+moble app when inclusion is done?

Can't the device management screen in homeseer be used to setup this z-wave dimmer device and what is the procedure to do this via the homeseer device management page? I have a newer hometroller s6 pro with the homeseer z-wave controller. Help on this is much appreciated...Rick

Yes, you can use the management web page for inclusion - the mobile application is for convenience.

Comment

To expand...

You can go to PLUG-INS>Z-Wave>Controller Management then Add/Include a Node or Add/Include a Node Non Secure.

It can also be done with the Z-Tool+ app. The only advantages of the app are that you can name it and pick locations as it is included and that you can initiate it when you are near the device (especially useful if Z-Wave plus device). If you include it from the controller drop down, you can still mass edit the locations and edit the name(s).
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

What is the difference in Add/Include a node and Add/include node non secure?...Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Bonari View Post
          What is the difference in Add/Include a node and Add/include node non secure?...Rick
          Some Z-Wave devices support secure communications. Some of these devices can really eat batteries (for example Aeotech Multisensor 6) when using secure communications. HomeSeer provided a way to include these devices with out security to improve battery life and/or to make it easier to have a successful inclusion. Some devices such as door locks, will not allow you to add them non secure. A normal inclusion will include a device using secure communications if it is supported.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the reply !!!!!!

I went to the homeseer device management page and zwave management, selected add node and hit start button to start inclusion process. I then tapped the paddle on the dimmer switch (HS-WD200+) as the dimmer instructions said to do and the following message scrolled down the setup screen:

Add node started.....
            Activate the 'Add to Network' (Send NodeInfo) function on the node.
            Add node failed

It is like the Z-Wave software didn't recognize the dimmer switch.

I have a Hometroller S6 Pro with a Homeseer SmartStick+ Z-Wave Stick.

Current version of Z-Wave software is 3.0.1.25.
            Lattest version is 3.0.1.190.

Does this newer dimmer switch require the Z-Wave Plugin software to be updated to lattest version?

Also, will updating the software cause my existing Z-Wave devices to stop working and mess up the current Z-Wave network?

My current Z-Wave devices are working fine and not too long ago I successfully added a new Z-Wave smoke detector so not sure why updating the software would make any difference for a dimmer switch?

Further comments and help are much appreciated !!!!!!! Rick
            Last edited by Rick Bonari; July 14, 2018, 11:09 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Comment

I found out what my issues were. First of all you have to tap just the right amount of time and if it doesn't work try again until it does. Also I needed to update the zwave plugin software. Thanks again for the help...Rick

Comment

Working...
              X