This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord 4 Plugin on Server 2012

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I've been using the plugin for more than 5 years without any problems. Recently, the hard drive on my server crashed and I decided to reinstall with Server 2012. I installed Homeseer and the plugin and am seeing some odd behavior. It connects but all it receives (every 5 seconds or so) is a panel type message and the Concord 4 still flags a bus error. Its as though the panel isn't seeing the ACK returned from the code.

I've tried multiple full power cycles of the panel and have reinstalled both homeseer and the plugin multiple times.

Any ideas what could be going wrong here?

thanks for the help!

Sounds like the baud rate on your serial port isn't set correctly. The bus will alarm if there's not communications with HS.
    Should be:
    9600, none, 1

Z

Comment

Tried that

Thanks for the quick reply! Tried that... Set it to 9600 in the concord plugin and also set the specifics (and no flow control) in device manager. I turned on the debug logging and the messages coming in are valid Panel Type messages, so I'm assuming baud rate is correct; but everything else seems to indicate that I'm not communicating with the panel.

Is there somewhere else I should be changing the com configuration?

Comment

Which Com port are you using? Did you change it on the Concord Config page? You should be able to disconnect and reconnect on the Concord plugin to see if it connects.

Z

Comment

Thanks again! Plugin defaulted to 0, changed it to 1 before connecting. (also tried connecting with 0 & 2 to confirm I got an error - I did) and this lines up with what Device Mgr shows for the port.

Comment

Without something to confirm data coming out of the serial port, it's going to be difficult to make sure it's actually sending data out.
            May have something to do with the Plugin connecting to the Comm port. I know there's one Concord user on WS 2011? so perhaps he has another idea..

Z

Comment

Do you have any other serial devices on the server that are connected and work? You could test using one of those.
              No other plugin is using that comm port already?
              There should be an LED on the Concord RS232 board that shows communications traffic (ie TX/RX).
              Is the serial port supported by WS 2012?

Z

Comment

I'm pretty certain that I'm receiving RS232. The packets being logged as incoming (Panel Type) are valid and when I disconnect, they stop coming in.

I also wrote a small app that reads from directly from the serial port and am seeing the same data coming into my app (without homeseer running at the same time). And when I send an ACK in response to the packet, the response code indicates success, yet the panel still shows a bus error...

I'm guessing this indicates that either the outbound bits aren't hitting the port, something is wrong with my wiring (although this hasn't changed since it was working), or something wrong with my panel. Is there anything else it could be? Do I need to initialize the panel in any way to get the automation module working properly? (don't recall doing that in the past but it was a really long time ago!)

Again, thanks for the help here!

Comment

My Concord comm board resets as soon as comms are restored. Worse case a power restart (pull AC power pack, unplug battery for a minute) should do it. The Concord Bus alarm is for the Comm board?

Might watch for the LED on the comm board to flash as well. That will give you and end to end check.

I have all of the GE Automation module docs (Installation and protocol) if you don't have them. Curiously it says 9600, odd, 1 for the comm port but I've never configured that way.

Z
                  Z

Comment

Just noticed (turned my plugin off to get the Bus alarm) that when you click on disconnect on the Concord plugin, you get a baud rate setting dropdown. Not sure if you've seen/set that.

Z

Comment

I have all the automation docs, thanks. I don't think you manually need to set the port parameters because they should be specified in the code when it opens the port.

I have seen the dropdown and tried different baud rates; 9600 is the only on that gives me any characters inbound.

Comment

Working...
                      X