No announcement yet.

Support for Genie Clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi spud! Everything seems to be working ok now, so if i see the issue again I will let you know.

A question - I have been looking for a good Denon AVR plugin that uses the HTTP signaling and is full featured. I even paid for one of them. Unfortunately they all seem to be pretty limited and only use serial or TCP - which on the Denon only allows one connection at a time. I reverse engineered the 'secret' HTTP protocol by sniffing packets. I then made a script capability to send and update a set of devices. However this script is a pain when what I really want is a multi instance plugin.

I have been trying to figure out how to use the SAMPLE_BASICMI as a guide but it is pretty confusing and doesn't even seem to have devices/buttons as a guide. Then the SAMPLE plugin itself does everything but is almost too convoluted to be a good guide.

Net-net - the directTV plugin framework is perfect for what the Denon HTTP plugin should be. It is multi instance and sends and receives HTTP commands (now via Genie ). The config is simple and just requires an IP address and logging level.

SO the questions are:
    1. Would you be willing to strip out your proprietary logic for DirecTV and release a generic example of your plugin for others to build on?
    2. If not... if I gave you the code/logic for Denon HTTP would you want to make one? You could even sell it (and give me a copy for free )

Comment

Great job on adding the Genie support to this plug-in. Got my Genie upgrade today and had no problems installing the new code and setting everything up.

Thanks!
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Hey Spud - have you rolled genie support changes into your plugin listed in the official downloads yet?

Comment

yes version 3.0.0.12 of the DirecTV plugin iis in the HS3 uodater.
          why?

Comment

I am just moving over from WinXP to Win8.1 and wanted to know if I could just use the online downloader Still works great!

Comment

HS3 Pro with this DirecTV plugin

Noticed a problem, the http://[ip of core dvr]:8080/info/getLocations? doesn't report TVs currently powered off. I have to have them powered on before starting the config of the plugin. If not, I have to change the IP to anything else (even a non-working IP will work) and then change it back after I changed the IP to then be able to select the TV option. I see the polling in the background, so I have no idea what the issue is with this. I am running in Linux on mono in CentOS 7.

Comment

Originally posted by officialh1 View Post
                Noticed a problem, the http://[ip of core dvr]:8080/info/getLocations? doesn't report TVs currently powered off. I have to have them powered on before starting the config of the plugin. If not, I have to change the IP to anything else (even a non-working IP will work) and then change it back after I changed the IP to then be able to select the TV option. I see the polling in the background, so I have no idea what the issue is with this. I am running in Linux on mono in CentOS 7.
                so this is just a problem when you configure the plugin instance, right? After everything is setup correctly, it works?

if so I will just add in the user guide that you need to power on your Genie client before you start an instance for this client.

Comment

Correct

Comment

Hey Buddy Spud.. When you tackle the next step.. DirecTV now supports the $K Samsungs with internal Direct MTU's
                    I have one, not quite ready for prime time... the internal DirecTV is still buggy.
                    Version 3.1 ?
                    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                      Hey Buddy Spud.. When you tackle the next step.. DirecTV now supports the $K Samsungs with internal Direct MTU's
                      I have one, not quite ready for prime time... the internal DirecTV is still buggy.
                      Version 3.1 ?
                      I'm not sure to understand what features you would like to see in this plugin which are related to 4k samsungs?
                      Anyway there is not much I can add, if they don't update the DirecTV API.

Comment

the plug-in recognizes the wireless client in my office, but does not see the internal receiver in my Samsung...
                        Correction.. I lied, when I went back to grab a screen capture, it was there

Comment

missing pull down box on 2nd instance

It does show the samsung on the master ( Genie ) instance
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have the address set to the client.. do I need to use the genie address ?
                            on the client Config ?

UPDATE.. Looks like this was the answer.. but my wife turned the TV off.. I will have to wait until I get home :<(
                            Attached Files

Comment

That was it.. operator error

I mounted another client and all worked, will try the samsung tonite, but I feel really confident

Comment

Gearyt,

Please let me know if that worked successfully because I'm experiencing the same issue with my Samsung 4K internal RVU.

Comment

Working...
                                X