No announcement yet.

Environment Canada Weather plugin - HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the quick update, but I'm looking for the present UV index (for my sprinkler system).

Comment

I don't see UV in the 'current' section of the feed, only in forecast entry 1 (during the day for today) and entry 2 (in the evening for tomorrow).

You could use forecast 1 but I don't believe this changes over the course of the day.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Comment

I started to get some errors on the HS3 console & startup log since the last update. Seems to be working ok and updating. Is this some sort of issue?
        May-26 23:15:41 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in EnvCan
        May-26 23:15:40 envcan Config file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\EnvCan_config.xml
        May-26 23:15:40 Info Plugin EnvCan has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49890
        May-26 23:15:33 Plug-In Found plug-in: EnvCan, version: 3.0.0.17
        May-26 23:15:33 Error Error, Class not found in plugin EXE, maybe namespace is not correct,? Note filename is case sensitive!: HSPI_ENVCAN (2).exe Class: HSPI_ENVCAN (2).HSPI->
        May-26 23:14:01 Info Plugin EnvCan with instance: has disconnected
        May-26 23:14:01 Shutdown Shutting down plug-in: EnvCan
        Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for a good plugin BTW!

Current Date/Time: 2017-05-26 23:23:33
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
        System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 8 Minutes 0 Seconds
        IP Address: 192.168.0.XX
        Number of Devices: 184
        Number of Events: 21
        Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.0.0.17: EnvCan
        3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
        1.0.17123.357: MyQ
        3.0.1.110: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO3 View Post
          I started to get some errors on the HS3 console & startup log since the last update. Seems to be working ok and updating. Is this some sort of issue?
          Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for a good plugin BTW!

Current Date/Time: 2017-05-26 23:23:33
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.318
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station
          System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 8 Minutes 0 Seconds
          IP Address: 192.168.0.XX
          Number of Devices: 184
          Number of Events: 21
          Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
          3.0.0.17: EnvCan
          3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
          1.0.17123.357: MyQ
          3.0.1.110: Z-Wave
          Looks like you might have multiple versions of the plugin in the HS3 folder. The executable should not have (2) in the filename.

Can you confirm only one version of the plugin is in the HS3 folder and rename it to not have the (2) in the filename and let me know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post
            Looks like you might have multiple versions of the plugin in the HS3 folder. The executable should not have (2) in the filename.

Can you confirm only one version of the plugin is in the HS3 folder and rename it to not have the (2) in the filename and let me know what happens.
            That was indeed the issue. There were two copies of the executable. Thanks... Problem solved and attributed to User Error...

Comment

Originally posted by MikeO3 View Post
              That was indeed the issue. There were two copies of the executable. Thanks... Problem solved and attributed to User Error...
              Great, thanks for letting me know.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgo View Post
                I have a created a HS3 plugin that can read the Environment Canada ATOM feeds and create HS3 devices that can be used in HS Touch etc.

HSPI_ENVCAN_3.0.0.4.zip

To configure, just add your ATOM feed (eg https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/ab-52_e.xml) to the feeds page and use a unique prefix.

A bunch of HS3 devices will be created. Each device has an associated weather icon as defined in the parse configuration page. This can be used in HS Touch as a status image.

A background image can be added to the /html/images/envcan/backgrounds folder to represent the state of the current weather. I am using this image as a background in HS Touch.

I've included an example config file which has my parse rules but you can start from scratch if you prefer.

The icons folder has some weather icons that can be replaced with whatever you prefer.

No background images are supplied as I don't have anything royalty free.
                Hey Chris, thanks for this effort! Looking forward to creating interesting events around these devices.
                Question for you - is there a way to query POP (Probability of Precipitation) in the upcoming forecasts? That would enable me to, for example, only run the lawn sprinkler if the POP were less than 50% today and tomorrow.

Thanks

Comment

Atom feed in french

Hi guys,
                  Very nice plug-in Chrisgo.
                  While configuring it, I have issues with the Atom feed; when I use the english format : https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-148_e.xml it works flawlessly. If I try variations to get a french feed like https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-148_f.xml or https://meteo.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-148_f.xml it does not work . Could someone point me the right format for the french feed?

This the error I found in the log: error in feed: https://meteo.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-148_f.xml - Object reference not set to an instance of an object
                  Last edited by Quebec911; July 27, 2017, 10:57 AM. Reason: adding the error log

Comment

The feed https://weather.gc.ca/rss/city/qc-148_f.xml works fine for me using version 3.0.0.17.

Can you please send me your EnvCan_config.xml from the Config folder so I can re-create?

Chris

Comment

config.xml

Hi Chrisgo,
                      Here is my config.xml file. hope you can help me out .
                      I have a home troller with HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.318 (Linux)
                      Attached Files

Comment

What version of EnvCan are you running?

Comment

3.0.0.4, I took the one linked in the first post...
                          So where do I get the newer version?

Comment

OK - Self answered

Found the last version, updated, and everuthing works ...
                            Thanks for the help Chrisgo

Comment

Makes sense. That version didn't support Linux.

Comment

Hi Chrisgo!

Just installed your plugin (3.0.0.17), and all seems good, with a couple of exceptions I'm seeing in the log:

Code:
                                Jul-29 11:27:24 PM	 	Warning	File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\envcan\backgrounds\
                                Jul-29 11:27:24 PM	 	Warning	File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\envcan\backgrounds\clouds.jpg
                                Jul-29 11:27:23 PM	 	Warning	File does not exist: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\envcan\backgrounds\sunny.jpg
                                I checked the ZIP, and that portion of the path isn't there - did I miss something?

also, seeing this repeatedly in the log, which just stared after the install:

Code:
                                Jul-29 11:25:30 PM	 	HSTouch Server Warning	Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                Jul-29 11:25:30 PM	 	HSTouch Server Warning	Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                Jul-29 11:25:29 PM	 	HSTouch Server Warning	Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                Jul-29 11:25:29 PM	 	HSTouch Server Warning	Exception on Value Change callback: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                                Any thoughts on that?

thanks for the great plugin - and I have to ask... is Chrisgo a play on an "oil" gag?

thanks,
                                dave
                                (in Ottawa, ON)

Comment

Working...
                                X