This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    sorry they are referencing an aeon labs power switch with power monitoring, they are looking at the watts used now, value.

I'm using aeon labs too but do it with events. Do you mind posting those scripts, I'd like to see how this is done. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Spud, stop trying to make this stuff easy. Need to feel like I'm doing some cutting edge stuff here...8P

Originally posted by spud View Post
      or even simpler, use the EasyTrigger: This device's value has been in range [0,2] for exactly 60 seconds

Sent from my iPhone
      Tom

Comment

this is awesome...

so if i bought the single power device that would work for my washer...

what cold I use for my dryer which is 240v?
        never mind i found it...

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Aeon...tch-P1831.aspx
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
          one link coming up P from way back in 2012

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=49
          Looks like I'm late the party! Why didn't you do a video?

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
          this is awesome...

never mind i found it...

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Aeon...tch-P1831.aspx
          Bingo! Yep, that's what I'm using on my main water pump.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Telefragger, Aeon DSB28-ZWUS or there ZW078-ZWUS

Sent from my iPhone
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
              Telefragger, Aeon DSB28-ZWUS or there ZW078-ZWUS

Sent from my iPhone
              yeah i got stuff added to my.. next to buy list..

single power device for washer and 240v one for dryer...

being able to turn both off when alarm is set will be a HUGE WAF factor!

******************* edited

This item is not on HS products page... so listing it as an amazon link sorry...
              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VQISOCG

BUT WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!! or id use that for my washing machine...

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Yup, waf huge on this. Of all the stuff I have done here, she always talks about this, even tell friends and family. ;-)

I'm sure your buy list is getting huge8-)
                yeah i got stuff added to my.. next to buy list..

single power device for washer and 240v one for dryer...

being able to turn both off when alarm is set will be a HUGE WAF factor!

Sent from my iPhone
                Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                  Yup, wadis huge on this. Of all the stuff I have done here, she always talks about this, even tell friends and family. ;-)

I'm sure your buy list is getting huge8-)

Sent from my iPhone
                  specially when i get the new purchased zwave jasco toggles in..

they are not as good as the x10 2 way togglelincs i have HOWEVER they are zwave
                  just the toggle is thinner, smaller, meh-her will see waf factor on that...

/hijack

Comment

Mark;

Thanks for the video.

Lots of us have come up with solutions, we talked about it last November here. This was before Spud's plug-in so I used events and timers to solve the issues of a washing machine that never goes to 0 and idles several times during the cycle. That dwell time is adjusted and used in events to warn if a refrigerator or freezer is not cycling as planned and to monitor whether the coffee pot is on or not.

We have a Brultech GEM and UltraJones' plug-in, so every circuit in the house is monitored.

Since I posted there, we added an HSM200 in the kitchen, with the LED colors representing which machines are running
                    • Red - dryer ON
                    • Blue - washing machine ON
                    • Magenta - both ON
                    That is my wife's favorite addition because she can simply look at the LED to see what is running before she goes to the laundry room in the basement. She also still gets pushover notices on her iPad.
                    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Mark;

Thanks for the video.

Lots of us have come up with solutions, we talked about it last November here. This was before Spud's plug-in so I used events and timers to solve the issues of a washing machine that never goes to 0 and idles several times during the cycle. That dwell time is adjusted and used in events to warn if a refrigerator or freezer is not cycling as planned and to monitor whether the coffee pot is on or not.

We have a Brultech GEM and UltraJones' plug-in, so every circuit in the house is monitored.

Since I posted there, we added an HSM200 in the kitchen, with the LED colors representing which machines are running
                      • Red - dryer ON
                      • Blue - washing machine ON
                      • Magenta - both ON
                      That is my wife's favorite addition because she can simply look at the LED to see what is running before she goes to the laundry room in the basement. She also still gets pushover notices on her iPad.

CRAP !!! ADDED TO SHOPPING LIST!!!

cmon guys yer killin my wallet!!!

gonna get my new stuff installed then compile new list once what i have is setup and showing that i am back on track for a HA house..

Comment

Yup, I used Randy's events to guide me make mine. I didn't have a hsm200 motion so I just made the bar lights(central n near kitchen) blink and then stay on for 5 mins after a wash. For dryer I have another set of lights and a " ding" sound on the HS client. I plan to use 1 aeon led bulb for both soon. You can make it any color according to post here. So it will serve at regular light then different colors for wash n dry.

Sent from my iPhone
                        Tom

Comment

CRAP !!! ADDED TO SHOPPING LIST!!!

cmon guys yer killin my wallet!!!

gonna get my new stuff installed then compile new list once what i have is setup and showing that i am back on track for a HA house..
                          At least you don't have to pay exchange rates on that stuff as we do in Canada. ouch...
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                            At least you don't have to pay exchange rates on that stuff as we do in Canada. ouch...
                            i hear ya.. well i ordered this
                            http://www.amazon.com/Aeon-Labs-DSC0.../dp/B007UZH7B8

as I dont need all the outlets as the power strip has

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              or even simpler, use the EasyTrigger: This device's value has been in range [0,2] for exactly 60 seconds

Crap, that is awesome! Have been using ET for a while now and didn't even know that was an option

One of the problems with this washer is that it self adjusts (fill time, agitate time, spin time and dwells in between) it's cycles according to what size load is detected (there is no load size switch on this unit). It seemed impossible to find a solution that worked reliably.

The end result, after months of trying different wattage timing methods, was this and this solution.
                              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

NICE, Now that's some technical sh##!!
                                Nice write up and thanks for sharing!
                                I can use this in other areas.
                                Tom

Comment

Working...
                                X