Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUTORIAL: Setup your Amazon Echo UK to talk to HomeSeer (Workaround)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think it's this part you need to check:

Code:
    In the Client ID box copy and paste the following: amzn1.application-oa2-client.d839fbb21603478dbd332ab26fc1f1f1 

Change the Authorization Grant Type to Implicit Grant

Please note the string starting with amzn1 and ends with f1f1 should all be one complete string with no spaces or line breaks etc.

Comment

Its stopped working...

Ive had this working perfectly for a couple of months but suddenly on the 6th December its stopped working. Alexa says "I cant reach the selected skill" or something similar. On the Alexa app i see this message:

SSL handshake failed
      Homeseer
      Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.8a115733-a485-446e-ae2f-198dc78812d1
      The SSL handshake to endpoint Resource [https://myhs.homeseer.com/process_echo/], Type [HTTP], Region [EU] failed. Please check that your java keystore is correctly configured

Did something change or get blocked? Anyone else in the UK seeing an issue?

Comment

It's being worked on..... see this thread
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174888

Comment

Thanks - i see it - will keep an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
            If you have any problems with the above steps please let me know.

I had to try and remember a few steps as I already had an Amazon Developer account created.

Thanks, Matt.
            I followed your excellent directions in order to create a US skill with an invocation text other than 'homeseer', and it has been working well. HS has had server issues the last several days, and since then, I cannot get Alexa to find the skill. Has something changed that requires me to use something different than the codes that are in your directions? Still working for you?

I tried unlinking and linking, everything was accepted, but Alexa still says 'I am unable to reach the requested skill'.

Thanks for your help,

tenholde
            tenholde

Comment

I get to step 4 and when pressing next, I get the following error:
              Error: There was a problem with your request: The built-in slot type LITERAL is not supported for this locale.

Comment

I hear that you need to " You need to modify the SSL certificate in your Dev skill. Details here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=315"..

Have not had a chance to try it myself. I believe that Wade originally posted this message. Jon00 linked it as a response for someone else.

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                I followed your excellent directions in order to create a US skill with an invocation text other than 'homeseer', and it has been working well. HS has had server issues the last several days, and since then, I cannot get Alexa to find the skill. Has something changed that requires me to use something different than the codes that are in your directions? Still working for you?

I tried unlinking and linking, everything was accepted, but Alexa still says 'I am unable to reach the requested skill'.

Thanks for your help,

tenholde
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                  I hear that you need to " You need to modify the SSL certificate in your Dev skill. Details here: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=315"..

Have not had a chance to try it myself. I believe that Wade originally posted this message. Jon00 linked it as a response for someone else.
                  Just to confirm - changing to the wildcard cert setting does indeed fix all the problems with SSL handshake errors

However, do check out the HA bridge thread in the other echo forum, it's very nice being able to direct control devices and make groups without having to say "tell xxxx to"

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_holden View Post
                    I get to step 4 and when pressing next, I get the following error:
                    Error: There was a problem with your request: The built-in slot type LITERAL is not supported for this locale.
                    This may be happening to new Dev skills created after 30th November as Amazon removed LITERAL from their API.

You need to look at this post and use that method instead.
                    Jon

Comment

if amazon don't want my money...

Nope, sorry, if they are going to make it hard for me, then they can do without my money for Echo..

Two dots (I WOULD have bought a LOT more in due course), just gone back - Google Home here I come (probably).

Comment

Originally posted by JamesWestoby View Post
                        Nope, sorry, if they are going to make it hard for me, then they can do without my money for Echo..

Two dots (I WOULD have bought a LOT more in due course), just gone back - Google Home here I come (probably).
                        What has this got to do with Amazon? It's the HomeSeer Skills that are the problem here.

If HomeSeer have got the skills sorted and put through the certification then we will just be able to enable the skills from the store like all the other smart home provider skills.

Don't think HomeSeer even works with Google Home yet?

Comment

Can some help me with I am totally lost. If you see belowI get this error in red.
                          Attached Files
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                            Can some help me with I am totally lost. If you see belowI get this error in red.
                            Think the slot types are case sensitive. You are referring to HOMESEER_PHRASE But you slot is called Homeseer_Phrase.

Try putting it all in capitals.

Comment

I got this error
                              Attached Files
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

This looks better
                                Attached Files
                                Hector