Use Partition 1 or System in events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Partition 1 or System in events

When i set this up some time ago, it created what looks like duplicate entries that do the same thing.. one called "System Status" and another called "Partition 1 Status".

it never really seemed to matter... so just left alone.

However, i'm now using EasyTrigger and have an event setup using the change in status... and it doesn't always work.

My question is, in events, which of the two should i use? Seems to me it really doesn't matter... but wanted to check.
    Attached Files

it doesn't matter in your case where you only have a single partition.

i would use System Status and just hide all the Partition 1 devices that you don't need.

In the case of a 2 partition setup, the system status will be different depending on the values of the individual partition statuses.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
    X