Alexa says, xx device is not responding, unknown status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa says, xx device is not responding, unknown status

I had my system working fine with Alexa voice commands, switches, dimmers, and the HS3 iPhone app... and then I changed things. : (

I replaced 2 HomeSeer 100 wall switches and 1 HomeSeer 100 dimmer with 200 switches and 1 200 dimmer. I did NOT delete the removed devices but I did rename and move them to a different room. I installed one of the removed 100 switches in another location. I still have 1 switch and 1 dimmer that are not being used but are still in the system they show up as unknown with a red circle. I get that and understand it. During this swap I added other 200 ws and 200 wd in the master bedroom. I installed a 200 switch for a ceiling fan on/off as well.

Now Alexa will occasionally say master bedroom light is not responding or she will respond ok but will turn on the sink light. Then devices will have a red circle and unknown status in the app. On a few other devices, Alexa will say xx device is not responding but still turn the light on.

Any thoughts?

Current Date/Time: 3/31/2018 8:14:59 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    System Uptime: 2 Days 6 Hours 38 Minutes 33 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.1.146
    Number of Devices: 69
    Number of Events: 11
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave
    Last edited by BruceWayne; March 31, 2018, 08:15 PM.

Not responding related info is related to the time it takes HS to respond to the request from the cloud Alex is perched. Could be LAN/Internet bandwidth issues or CPU issues if HS is CPU-bound.

Picking the wrong device should be the incorrect association of the Device Ref with the command. Discovering devices again from Alexa should clear this up. You can also look at the devices pages on the Alexa app and delete existing ones to assure a new discovery will not have any confusion.

Comment

Working...
    X