Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature REquest: Ability to use myHS

Paul,

So, @spud was able to to make his ImperiHome plugin work through myHS. This gives us SSL encryption end to end.

Do you think it would be possible to have this work through MyHS? I believe it might need some help from the HST team, but perhaps @spud could weigh in on how to do this?

Just a thought. This is my last open port in HS on my router and while I"m not 100% psyched about having to depend on myHS to be up for yet another thing, I do like that it doesn't require me to have an open port to use it.

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
    Paul,

So, @spud was able to to make his ImperiHome plugin work through myHS. This gives us SSL encryption end to end.

Do you think it would be possible to have this work through MyHS? I believe it might need some help from the HST team, but perhaps @spud could weigh in on how to do this?

Just a thought. This is my last open port in HS on my router and while I"m not 100% psyched about having to depend on myHS to be up for yet another thing, I do like that it doesn't require me to have an open port to use it.
    It is on the todo list. I don't want to give a timescale but I'm hopeful it will be early June.

Paul..

Comment

You Sir, are a gentleman and a benefactor to humanity at large.
      Originally posted by rprade
      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post
        It is on the todo list. I don't want to give a timescale but I'm hopeful it will be early June.

Paul..
        I want to second what Colin said

Comment

I guess there is no news on this feature yet ?

Comment

This is Paul's busy time of the year with his real job. It will probably be toward the end of summer before he has much spare time.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              This is Paul's busy time of the year with his real job. It will probably be toward the end of summer before he has much spare time.
              You are right, I forgot. The real world unfortunately has to have priority, same here.

Comment

Because this has been by far the most requested feature over the last few months, I've done this first along with a few bug fixes so I now have a beta version of the plug-in with support for MyHS and I'm looking for a couple of brave soles willing to test it.....

I've been running it here for a few days with Locative (Fence), EgiGeoZone (Fence) and Custom Data (Position) and it appears to working as expected but of course there will be something I've missed.

The main difference is that you specify the url in the various apps in the format:

https://connected2.homeseer.com/phlapi?dtype=XX

where XX defines the service that the data is coming from (e.g. GF for Geofency).

Your MyHS credentials are used instead of the PHL ones.

NOTES:
                In this beta version, Btraced and KML queries are not supported via MyHS.
                It's noticeably slower than a direct connection.
                Obviously if the MyHS service isn't reachable, then data won't get through.
                On the plus side, you don't need any open ports and it all goes over https.

If you're willing to test, then drop me an email.

Paul..

Comment

Working...
                X