Osram Lightify Hub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Osram Lightify Hub

Does the Osram Lightify Hub work with this plug-in? I start a scan but nothing is found. It is currently set up through the app at the moment and is working there.
    How do I get it to be recognized by this plug-in?

cowinger,

This plugin supports the Philips Hue bridge and the RaspBee or ConBee gateways with deCONZ for Zigbee control. The Osram Hub is not supported.
    The plugin does support Osram Lightify lights and plugs, especially in combination either the Raspbee or Conbee gateway.

I am not planning to add the Osram hub for the plugin as many brands of lights, sensors and plugs are already supported when using the RaspBee or Conbee devces and the osram lightify hub is rathere limited so far.

Thanks,

Wim
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
      cowinger,

This plugin supports the Philips Hue bridge and the RaspBee or ConBee gateways with deCONZ for Zigbee control. The Osram Hub is not supported.
      The plugin does support Osram Lightify lights and plugs, especially in combination either the Raspbee or Conbee gateway.

I am not planning to add the Osram hub for the plugin as many brands of lights, sensors and plugs are already supported when using the RaspBee or Conbee devces and the osram lightify hub is rathere limited so far.

Thanks,

Wim
      Thanks Wim. I will go the way of the Conbee USB Stick and see if I can get that working.
      One other question, does the plug-in work with the motion sensors also?

Comment

Motion sensors from Philips and Ikea are proven working, I have not seen a motion sensor of Osram yet, but I would expect it to work as Osram is following the Zigbee 3 standards already for some time.

Wim

*edit* Do realise that the deCONZ software for the conbee is still in beta fase, the developer is working hard to release it, but it is already quite stable.
        -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Motion sensors from Philips and Ikea are proven working, I have not seen a motion sensor of Osram yet, but I would expect it to work as Osram is following the Zigbee 3 standards already for some time.

Wim

*edit* Do realise that the deCONZ software for the conbee is still in beta fase, the developer is working hard to release it, but it is already quite stable.
          I have this motion sensor and it works quite well.

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Smar...+motion+sensor

Comment

I have seen this motion sensor on the github for deCONZ, so I am guessing it will be supported..... but again, I did not yet hear from other users of the plugin that it is working. Maybe someone can chime in to confirm?
            If it is not working, we will get it working as long it is showing in deCONZ

Wim
            -- Wim

Comment

I have seen this motion sensor on the github for deCONZ, so I am guessing it will be supported..... but again, I did not yet hear from other users of the plugin that it is working. Maybe someone can chime in to confirm?
              If it is not working, we will get it working as long it is showing in deCONZ

Wim
              Thanks Wim. I will watch this thread to see if someone has it working.

Comment

I have two Lightify bulbs working with my Hue bridge by way of the Jowi plugin.

They work well enough although some programming logic is a bit iffy, though that's on me, not the bulbs or the plugin as I've not put the time in to work it out.

But for the most part, works fine.

Linked to all that by way of PIRs through an Arduino board and plugin for motion detection so whoever walks into the are, lights come on. Light changes depending on time, mode the house is in etc.

That's why I was on about the ability to see the lights affected by scene Wim.

I could probably program it per bulb but, I'm lazy that way.

So basically I can set a scene per PIR to give a scene as an output if you will. The action being that if PIR X is triggered then activate Y scene where Y scene activates whatever bulbs to the chosen scene/level based on whatever parameters I wish. If that even makes sense.

Currently that's a bit hit and miss and can get a bit baffling the larger the setup I'd think.

Using an Arduino board and bog standard off-the-shelf hard wired PIRs is way, way cheaper and (IME) infinitely more reliable that anything else I've tried. Closest I've gotten other than that is using the Aeotec sensors but they are a pain in way on the reset to detect motion after the initial trigger but, if you can live with that or program it so it doesn't matter, the reset periods are key here and the use of timers, works fine.

Timers and the use of what I use, virtual flags as devices to control events is key to it all but with a bit of thought it all works fine and the Osram lamps and Innr ones work more or less as Hue bulbs both in the app/s and with Jowi Hue in my setup.

The Ikea ones I've not tried yet before anyone asks.

Hope that helps but if you need more info just ask and I'll help if I can.

K

Comment

FYI the Homesee Zigbee plugin supports the Lightify Gateway

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post
                    FYI the Homesee Zigbee plugin supports the Lightify Gateway
                    For anyone else wandering in here, the plug-in wants the whole "OSR0xxxxxxx" part of the S/N on the back of the unit. Leave off the trailing -xx numbers but include the lead-in OSR0 (oh ess are zero).

That and the unit needs to be live and connected to the network in order use the Test Connection button in the plug-in.
                    Last edited by wkearney99; February 2, 2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X