This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client still stops playing wave files

It seems like the problem where the Speaker client periodically stops playing wave files (but continues with TTS and VR fine), which seems to occur after it has been running some weeks, is still with me.

Does anyone have a categoric fix for this behaviour, or know what the cause is please? I simply have to shutdown the Speaker client and restart it to fix the issue - I don't need to change any volume or audio device settings.

Try running speaker at a level above "Normal".

I have never had a problem playing WAV files, but did have a problem with speech stuttering, changed the speaker clients to run Above Normal and the problem disappeared.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

You mean, "above normal" priority, I take it?

Thanks for the advice, but I can't really see that as a solution to what appears to be a bug somewhere in the speaker client, which only pops it's head up after it has been running for an extended period. Speech has never stuttured on this machine (not even in HL2 ).

The Speaker client is getting the request to play the wave file, since it logs it, it just doesn't do it. In the meantime, when the error condition is showing, all other sound is working fine and other apps are playing wave files no problem.

And of course, a freshly started-up copy of the Speaker Client will also happily play the wave file.

Comment

I have the same behaviour, except that, running to soundboards, I have to change back and forth the audio-out of the speaker instance with a restart beetween each.
        I have had a helpdesk ticket about this, but since I was the only one to have the problem, could not have any fix for it.
        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Well that seems a pretty clear-cut bug then. It's impacting customers, so it should get fixed. The only question is at what priority?

Comment

I just checked and the ticket had been closed as "resolved".

I could re-open it, and it has the ID#9170.

I sugest you also place a helpdesk ticket of your know reminding mine.
            Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Working...
            X