Wayne-Dalton Garage Door - Z-wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wayne-Dalton Garage Door - Z-wave

Purchased a Wayne-Dalton 3150R Wireless Keychain & WDRR-372R Conversion Module for the garage door.

Do I need to get the wireless gateway module#WDHA-12R to make the garage door compatible with HomeSeer now? I thought purchasing the above would work but they don't seem to be z-wave...

Thanks
    - B

Correct. You'll need the gateway since the keyfob is not a Z-Wave device.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks!

So the wireless gateway is Z-wave and I just add it to homeseer as a device which happens to control the garage door? Just want to clarify before I drop $79 more ...

Thank you again for answering.

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this Wayne-Dalton product simply allows you to control existing Z-Wave devices with your garage door opener remote. It does not allow you to operate the garage door through Z-Wave.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
          Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that this Wayne-Dalton product simply allows you to control existing Z-Wave devices with your garage door opener remote. It does not allow you to operate the garage door through Z-Wave.

Brett
          That is correct. It will NOT allow you to control the garage door with homeseer.

Comment

Bummer

Any suggestions besides buying a completely new garage door on accomplishing this? At least now I don't have to fight my wife for the garage door opener! Would like to control using HS however.

Thanks everyone, saved some money there.
            - B

Comment

How it works!

The Wayne-Dalton access system works as follows:

1. The keychain remote 3150R can control up to 6 wireless devices that talk the Wayne-Dalton rolling code. Keychain Remotes control: Wayne-Dalton garage door openers, Conversion modules (WDRR-372), and Wireless Gateways (WDHA-12).

2. If your garage door opener is not Wayne-Dalton and you want to control it from your car with the Wayne-Dalton Keychain Remote you need to purchase a Conversion Module (WDRR-372).

3. Now to control Z-Wave with the Keychain Remote (which is now controlling your garage door opener) you need the Wireless Gateway (WDHA-12). The Gateway, can receive the Keychain Remote Control signals and trigger up to 3 individual Z-Wave scenes. Each scene can control all of the Z-Wave network.

4. Now for HS. It is possible to include the HS system into the 3 scenes in the Wireless Gateway. -So when you arrive home, pressing a button on the Keychain Remote can open your garage door, manage Z-Wave modules around the house, and send a signal to HS to do something else. You can opt to only send a signal to HS from the Wireless Gateway and let HS do all of your Z-Wave management.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Batboy View Post
                Any suggestions besides buying a completely new garage door on accomplishing this? At least now I don't have to fight my wife for the garage door opener! Would like to control using HS however.

Thanks everyone, saved some money there.
                - B
                It's pretty easy to automate a garage door through homeseer. All you need is some sort of controllable relay that shorts the leads going to the button inside your garage. People do it with X-10 universal modules or with Elk or other alarm system relay outputs. I don't know if there's an equivilant Z-Wave relay module that would work for this application or not.

Brett

Comment

Originally posted by BrettS View Post
                  I don't know if there's an equivilant Z-Wave relay module that would work for this application or not.
                  http://store.homeseer.com/store/ZRF1...-P386C116.aspx
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Okey-Dokey

Originally posted by Yanrod View Post
                    The Wayne-Dalton access system works as follows:
                    You can opt to only send a signal to HS from the Wireless Gateway and let HS do all of your Z-Wave management.

Hope this helps.
                    So this is one way only. I can't have HS control the door unless I use the relay module mentioned here.

You guys are really great. I love this site! Very helpful to us newbees.

- B

Comment

Parts and Wiring

Wayne dalton: just two wires to put on the actual garage door opener. Plugged it in and synced the remote... works great and has a LONG distance remotely. The wd part used is posted at the top of this link as well as the remote part #.

I just don't see how the 'new' part would be wired into this so I could z-wave my door open.

Comment

I am attempting to control my garage door using Homeseer as well. I purchased the Z-Wave Relay ZRF-113 but I was not able to get it working. I thought you all might be able to help. Here is what I have done.

* Wired ZRF-113 in-series from a wall outlet utilizing black, white and green wires.
                        * Connected both load (blue) wires to back of garage door push button

When I initially ran the wires across the button, the garage door began to open (it was originally closed). I configured the relay device in Homeseer and sent a "on" then "off" command and nothing happened.

I was wondering if anyone has successfully configured a ZRF-113 to open/close their garage door? If so, would you mind providing some more details? I would appreciate any help.

Is an AS101 or AS001 required or can the ZRF-113 be utilized as stand alone? Could the load lines be run directly to the garage opener COM and PB screws?

My garage door opener is Wayne-Dalton Quantum 3314

http://www.wayne-dalton.com/files/ma...ual-307545.pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X