X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help, is ZEE broke, no internet connection

ZEE, home address 192...108.
    worked prior.
    past couple weeks, ALL lights are either red or not on (not sure which, due to reflectinos through the LED's), no yellow or green internet.
    have WIRED connection from upstairs router, to downstairs access box.
    Other items (WD My Cloud, other computers) are internet/local area network accessible, their addresses show up in router, etc.
    but ZEE does nothing.
    I've unplugged the network conection/replugged it;
    I've powered down, powered back up
    etc
    etc

Help appreciated (ALSO, just had significant neck surgery, so did not have time to work with this (not sure if I exceeded warranty period) (still recup'ing from disk surgery), I needed some of the automated items on this, DUE to the neck surgery

help please
    thanks
    nick spagnola

help, ? if ZEE broke, how to test?

help, any assistance appreciated, how to test this?
    thanks

Comment

What do you see when you plug in the HDMI port to a computer monitor?

If you get to a prompt; type "ifconfig"; and you should see if the network interface is up.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

i I did multiple plugs and unplugs of network and power.
        I actually now have lights back.
        If I type in an IP address that I have to my router, it will see the device. I'm able to control items.
        However, HS discover does not see the device
        nothing shows up in HS discover for Mac address or any listing
        I can see it through my Internet explorer window when I type in the address
        this is bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
          i I did multiple plugs and unplugs of network and power.
          I actually now have lights back.
          If I type in an IP address that I have to my router, it will see the device. I'm able to control items.
          However, HS discover does not see the device
          nothing shows up in HS discover for Mac address or any listing
          I can see it through my Internet explorer window when I type in the address
          this is bizarre
          Is your firewall blocking HS Discover?
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

When I first got a just discover that work without worrying about any settings.
            That being said,
            how do I add this to the firewall?
            Since it is a standalone program just run from the desktop file, there is no option to check or uncheck it in the firewall settings.
            I don't see an option in the firewall settings to add a standalone program
            thanks for assistance

Comment

still no luck wth hs discover

have experimented more, but no luck with hs discover.

hs discovdr does not see the unit;
              hs discover DOES see my IP address correctly

if I go into my router, I DO see the IP address of the HomeTroller ZEE

what am I doing wrong with hs discover?
              hs discover is NOT listed in the firewall list (and is not listed as being blocked)

OR, is it that since the router states to always give the ZEE the same address, HS Discover can't discover this????

(I do NOT have the ZEE itself set as static; I just set the router to assign the same IP address to the zee )

thanks

Comment

So if you put in the IP that the router shows the Zee is; can you see the GUI for the Zee?

What OS are you using on your computer / tablet to see the zee?

Is the IP on the Zee showing up on your router the same IP that you had before your issues?

What is the mfg and model of your router/firewall?

In order for HSDiscover to work you need to configure your firewall. You do not need to see your Zee with HSDiscover for your Zee to work.

Personally here I used it once when I first purchased the Zee and haven't used it since.

Personally I would configure a static IP on your Zee that is on your network.

Do you have any devices today configured with a static IP?
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by aoz View Post
                  have experimented more, but no luck with hs discover.

hs discovdr does not see the unit;
                  hs discover DOES see my IP address correctly

if I go into my router, I DO see the IP address of the HomeTroller ZEE

what am I doing wrong with hs discover?
                  hs discover is NOT listed in the firewall list (and is not listed as being blocked)

OR, is it that since the router states to always give the ZEE the same address, HS Discover can't discover this????

(I do NOT have the ZEE itself set as static; I just set the router to assign the same IP address to the zee )

thanks
                  Also try: http://find.homeseer.com
                  See if that will locate the Zee on your network.
                  HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                  54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                  Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

192.168.0.108 -
                    type this into addrss bar, see hometroller ZEE, and can work with the interface.
                    ZEE is not configrured as static; I just let the router do this (it sees MAC address, jst assigns the ...108 to it)

Router id Dlink 655

I can't figure out how to confiture firewall to work with HS Discover, since HS discover is not an installed program, does not show up in "programs to select from" list ???

EDIT - the FIND.homeseer.com link DID find it correctly; but still nothing with hs discover

Comment

My personal recommendation is to go slow and first configure you Zee with a static IP.

You don't need to utilize hsdiscover if find dot homeseer has worked for you.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

thanks for reply.

I just HATE when something that should work does not.
                        BUT, since the web link works, I will just survive with that, and book mark it

and, I can always look at the router to ensure that the device is being seen

but it makes no sense why the HS Discovber does not work....
                        oh, well, at least II'm back in business with a visible device

Comment

Have a look here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=160779

It doesn't work for me either.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                          X