This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sending text to keypad issue?

Is anyone having issues sending text to keypads reliably?
    I'm wondering if anyone knows what the min/max text string length is for sending to a keypad from the russound plugin. I notice smaller strings do ok. Long strings seem to cause problems. I assumed that short strings would automatically be padded to the correct length, and strings to long would be truncated by the plugin. Here part of long strings are displayed followed by some unreadable characters. After a period of time the keypads won't recieve text at all. I think the script I wrote may be leaving characters in russsound's buffer or Russound may be waiting for a message. something like that. It's also possible this could be an issue with my russound. I see this with the actions sending text from events and from scripts.

Tom:

According to the Russound documentation, a "NULL" character must always be used after the last character in the display string.

Now, from other readings on the web, it looks like you can send a message more than 12 characters to the keypad, and it will autoscroll. I believe you must have the lastest firmware for the keypads in order for it to work.

Dino.

Comment

I'm seeing issue with this as well...
      • Messages with 12 characters are fine and fill the 12-character capacity of the display.
      • Messages of 13 characters will initiate the auto scroll feature on the UNO keypad.
      • Messages with more than 13 characters are simply truncated after the 13th character.
      Any way to correct this so that text with more than 13 characters can be displayed? This is necessary for correct display of track title & artist info.

Thanks,
      Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
      Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Hi Guys-

I will look at this today, and you are all correct in that this should work.

There is no need to add "extra spaces" to any command, as the plugin takes care of adding the null characters, but what appears to be happening is that these long messages are not getting the null character that they need. This is a relatively easy fix, so I will be able to add this quickly.
        -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Thanks RJ,

Please let us know when you have something to try!

Thanks,
          Paul

Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Hi RJ,

Any update on this? My trial period is ticking away...

Thanks,
            Paul

Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay. This has been resolved, and will be posted to the updater either today or tomorrow.

On the trial period issue, we should have the Russound plugin in the store shortly. We are going to be doing a joint press release with Russound on this plugin, so we are currently being held up by sales back-and-forths. If your trial period gets to within a few days, send me an email and I will forward you a 30-day extension.
              -RJ (HomeSeer Tech)

Comment

Thanks RJ,

I'll check the updater Saturday morning.

Paul

Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Working...
                X