Working setup for AP800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working setup for AP800

Does anyboby have the adjustment of a working setup (vol. gain, pre gain, post gain ect.) for the AP800 ware. I just need something where I can start off from. And also anything you may have on the matrix side.

Another question, when finishing any changes to any preset, how do you down load it to the AP?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I would do a system reset first. That is a good starting place, then read the manual cover to cover before starting. The matrix all depends upon what you are doing. Turn off all echo cancelling to start. If you are using APWare and it is connected to an AP800 (globe spinning) then any changes automatically change in the AP800. No downloading is required.

Comment

Anogee, like always thanks for lending a hand, I read thru the manual but it just does not say how you reset the ap800 or maybe I could not see it, can you help me w/ this. I have not noticed (globe spinng) when the ap stores info. at what moment should I be aware when this happens?

Also can you tell me how your audio is setup:

1: How many speakers do you have per room 1 or 2 and what brand are you using?

2: Are they amplified speakers or you using an amplifier what type?

Again ,thanks for taking from your time to help me...

your Friend Hector
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Thats a good question. I don't see the reset either, but I remember pressing some buttons when it was powered on. At worst, just follow the manual and set each value to the default.

I have one speaker per room, and I use one of these 10W amps per speaker. They are just used for voice announcements. Pretty cheap speakers from Radio Shack, I think.

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-800.htm

They are relatively cheap.

Comment

Anogee, what ver of window are you running with the AP?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

APWare runs on fine on Windows before XP. In XP, it only seems to connect about 30-40% of the time. I have XP so experience the not-reliable connect problem. I haven't heard much feedback from Vista.

Comment

BTW.. APware seems to run fine on Vista, I have managed to connect everytime without fail so far and this was through a USB/RS232 adapter.

You will almost definatley have to disable Vista's "User access control" or at least right click the apware.exe Shortcut\executable and choose "run as administrator" (That might also need to be done, when running the installer).

Mike

Comment

Runs fine on Vista 64bit as well

FYI ...
                I have both APWare and GWare both running fine without a problem on Vista 64bit using some prolific USB to serial converters.

Comment

Originally posted by anogee View Post
                  APWare runs on fine on Windows before XP. In XP, it only seems to connect about 30-40% of the time. I have XP so experience the not-reliable connect problem. I haven't heard much feedback from Vista.
                  Within XP, try creating a shortcut for you APWARE icon.
                  Right mouse click it and select Properties.
                  Then select the Compatability tab and try running that program from an older Windows version.

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X