CM15A Plug-In Install Problem on Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A Plug-In Install Problem on Vista

Hi, I am recent HS2 standard buyer. (currently running 2.2.0.127 I tried to install the CM15A plug-in (both 1.0 and the latest). And i get an error code of 2869 saying that it is possible that the package is corrupted. I have been able to install this plug-in on my XP system though.

Anyone know what the problem is?

I just got this problem trying to install to vista as well. Did anyone ever respond or provide an answer?

Comment

This plugin was written to work with a newer version of HomeSeer but the notes failed to indicate this. Try upgrading to the latest release version of HomeSeer which is 2.3.19 and is available here:
      http://www.homeseer.com/downloads
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

plugin does not work even with latest

Rupp, I am on the latest version. Maybe this plugin does not work with 64bit Vista? Which is what I am. Or maybe the plugin either did get installed or the latest version comes with it by default? However, regardless its not showing any rf events coming in from any of my zillions of rf generating devices. Which suggests its not working or else there is some kind of config required (which is also not available off of the UI).

From the interfaces setup
        X10 CM15AUSB
        N/AHSPI_CM15AUSB.dll1.0.0.2

from my log:
        6/29/2009 6:51:18 PM - Startup -
        HomeSeer version 2.3.0.19 Starting Now (Standard Build)

Found plug-in: X10 CM15AUSB, version: 1.0.0.2
        Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 1.1.50.17994
        Found plug-in: iTunes, version: 2.4.0.20
        Found plug-in: Media Player, version: 2.4.0.18
        Found plug-in: UPB, version: 1.0.2.7
        Found plug-in: ZWave Thermostats, version: 1.3.0.7
        Restoring device status
        Initializing Plug-Ins
        Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM15AUSB On USB
        Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM15AUSB
        Initialization Successful.

From the install attempt

Installing HomeSeer Plug-in CM15A
        HomeSeer Plug-in CM15A is being installed.

and the eventual error:
        The installer has encountered an unexpected error
        installing this package. This may indicate a problem with
        this package. The error code is 2869.

Rich S.

Comment

Are you running HomeSeer as a service?

Comment

No I am not running as a service, should I be? (maybe ooops is in order here?) :-)
            Rich S.

Comment

No, running as a service can cause a plugin to not install.

Comment

According to your entries it appears the plugin is installed.
                Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM15AUSB

Comment

cm15a vista success

some notes on the cm15a usb plugin
                  1. It was not installed by default, version 1.0.0.2 is
                  2. I was unable to install it running the downloaded installer program. Regardless of whether I was running as a service or not. I always got err 2869
                  3. I am running Vista
                  4. At some point, after at least 4x failed install attempts, I tried using the updater off of HomeSeers application:
                  A. this immediately confirmed that I did not have the latest plugin, as it showed "No" for installed
                  B. I then checked the box and went thru the sw acquisition process built into homeseer
                  D. Upon completion the log now shows "Found plug-in X10 CM15AUSB, version 1.0.0.3
                  D. The HomeSeer Updater shows "Yes" for installed

Conclusion: Attempting to download and install directly the CM15AUSB plugin on Vista is problematic. Using HomeSeer's built in updater is the way to go.

Comment

still going cm15a

Ok, now I am not sure exactly what I am supposed to have. Clearly I have version 1.0.0.3 of the CM15A USB driver. Is this the same as the 1.0.0.1 beta version that is listed at the top of this thread or is this simply a newer version of the standard CM15USB driver that does not include support for RF stuff? Does anyone know? In other words, should I now try to install the beta version as found in the sticky? The sticky version appears to be different that what I actually updated to.
                    The version numbers are confusing:
                    I installed HomeSeer from scratch and had 1.0.0.2
                    I tried to install the beta which I think is 1.0.0.1
                    I updated using the HomeSeer Updater to 1.0.0.3

So do I try for 1.0.0.1 now or not?
                    finally there is a note in the updater about going to x10.com and getting the CM15a sdk to fix problems. Does anyone know if I should do that?

Rich S.

Comment

CM15a

Apparently nobody is listening ... I have similar issues with the CM15a USB device...

Anyone out there that can help or is the CM15a so flake nobody wants to touch it?

Comment

Originally posted by dirk6665 View Post
                        Apparently nobody is listening ... I have similar issues with the CM15a USB device...

Anyone out there that can help or is the CM15a so flake nobody wants to touch it?
                        Did you get your licensing issue sorted?

Comment

Licensing

Rupp,

No I have not. Now not only can I not use the Cm15a - I cannot re-enable to CM11 old interface now either...

10/11/2009 12:01:18 PM Info Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM1 On COM Port 1
                          10/11/2009 12:01:18 PM Error Unable to initialize X-10 interface X10 CM11A/CM1 :Either no license or trial has expired
                          10/11/2009 12:01:18 PM Info Finished initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM1
                          10/11/2009 12:01:35 PM Info Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM15AU On COM Port 1
                          10/11/2009 12:01:35 PM Error Unable to initialize X-10 interface X10 CM15AU :Either no license or trial has expired
                          10/11/2009 12:01:35 PM Info Finished initializing X10 interface X10 CM15AU

What is going on??

Comment

CM11A Initialization error on COM1 on Vista

Apparently no one figured this out as this is quite an old post.

I just downloaded for Vista (Standard Edition 2.4.0.1) as of May 31, 2010 and all was going well except my old CM11A X10 USB interface seems to continue to have an error and so there is no communication to my devices. The error sequence:

5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Startup - Initializing Plug-Ins
                            5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Plug-In - Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U On COM Port 1
                            5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Plug-In - Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM11A/CM12U
                            5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Info - Initializing CM11A/12U on COM port 1
                            5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Error - Initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM1
                            5/31/2010 9:56:42 PM - Plug-In - Finished initializing X10 interface X10 CM11A/CM12U

Anyone have any solution to this?

Comment

HomeSeer only work with the serial version of the CM11A.

Comment

Working...
                              X