www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > Ultra Scripts and Plug-Ins > UltraLog HSPI

UltraLog HSPI Discussion area for the UltraLog, HomeSeer database logging plug-in.

Old November 21st, 2016, 09:12 PM
Seer

Hey UJ,

Feature request..... I'd like to see if I could send HS3 logs to an external syslog server rather that HS3 be the syslog server.

Peter K
Old November 21st, 2016, 09:28 PM
OverSeer

Been wanting to do this for some time now... I'll see if I can get it done sometime this week.

Regards,
Ultrajones
Old November 22nd, 2016, 02:14 AM
Seer

You're the man UJ...

Thanks
Peter K
Old November 27th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Seer

Hi Utrajones,

I installed the UltraLog3 plugin on a RPi3.
The homeseer log is visible but I do not see the syslog log. The syslog deamon is running, there are a series of syslog files in /var/log.

I enabled the syslog on startup in the options tab. But no info under the syslog tab.

Could you give me a hint where to look for the solution of this problem?

I am running out of time of the trial period, so any help is appreciated.

-Cor-

Some info:
Current Date/Time: 27/11/2016 17:54:01
HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.297
Linux version: Linux RPi3-HS3-Full 4.1.18-v7+ #846 SMP Thu Feb 25 14:22:53 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 6 Hours 23 Minutes 55 Seconds
IP Address: XXX
Number of Devices: 273
Number of Events: 146
Available Threads: 395

Enabled Plug-Ins
1.0.0.131: Arduino Plugin
3.0.0.5: CM15A
3.0.0.103: HSTouch Server
0.0.0.25: Pushover 3P
3.0.5917.35093: UltraLog3
3.0.1.95: Z-Wave
Old August 13th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Seer Plus

Hi Ultra, I have a request, hopefully it's not a big one.

In the event triggers, it would be useful to have "not contains", "not starts with" and "not ends with" as a match types.

I wrote an event to send me a pushover message whenever an Error or Warning appears in the logs, but I want to exclude a specific Warning that I know about (that's another thread :-).
I managed to accomplish this using regular expressions, but it would have been much easier to do if "not contains" was an option.

Thanks in advance
Dom
Old August 27th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Seer Deluxe

Feature Request: Ability to Change .db3 file locations

Would be great if you could add an option to write the ultralog3.db3 and ultralog3_syslog.DB3 files to a different location.
Old January 15th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hello UltraJones,
I'm evaluating the plugin and noticed that the log viewer is extremely similar to the one built into HS. It would be nice if the viewer was a little more flexible, could even be a huge selling point. Here are a few ideas.

Save filter criteria. Ability to save a filter for later use. Some of the filters can get complex, especially if based on regex. If we had the ability save, enable and disable a saved filter, then also the ability to use operators between the saved filters, the filtering could be very powerful and easy to use.

I'm sure this is easier said than done, but it could make log filtering much easier for the average user.
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Seer Deluxe

it would be great to send filtered data to a csv or txt file ... and this action to be initiated thru events or Windows command line cmd files
Old January 20th, 2018, 01:30 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolter View Post
Hello UltraJones,
I'm evaluating the plugin and noticed that the log viewer is extremely similar to the one built into HS. It would be nice if the viewer was a little more flexible, could even be a huge selling point. Here are a few ideas.

Save filter criteria. Ability to save a filter for later use. Some of the filters can get complex, especially if based on regex. If we had the ability save, enable and disable a saved filter, then also the ability to use operators between the saved filters, the filtering could be very powerful and easy to use.

I'm sure this is easier said than done, but it could make log filtering much easier for the average user.
Hi UltraJones, I second the above requests. I'm looking at your tool, and would really appreciate the additional functionality!

Thank you for your consideration!
Dave
Old January 21st, 2018, 11:57 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkGuy View Post
Hi UltraJones, I second the above requests. I'm looking at your tool, and would really appreciate the additional functionality!

Thank you for your consideration!
Dave
I had this feature in the HS2 version, but never ported it over to the HS3 version. I'll add this to the feature request list.

Regards,
Ultrajones