X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caid View Post
    Hi Ultra,

I would really like to have the possibility to monitor more than one subnet. I recently reconfigured all my network to have a subnet with WIFI for guests, mobiles... and a secured subnet with my important stuff which are all wired. I really need to monitor both subnets! Any chances that you can arrange this?

Thanks,

Caid.
    Multiple subnet monitoring already exists in UltraMon3 HSPI.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultramon 3: Request to show homeseer device name

Maintenance of entries in monitored/IP subnet overview is difficult. Most of my devices do not show a hostname or a cryptic description. I change it when I add it as a homeseer device, but is overwritten when ultramon scans the network (homeseer devices as I named them are still OK).

Would like to have a column with the homeseer device name, which also links to the homeseer device properties page. This solves my problem and gives quick overview if I made mistakes compared with hostnames found via DNS.

regards,
      jan-Willem

Comment

Originally posted by iamjwk View Post
        Maintenance of entries in monitored/IP subnet overview is difficult. Most of my devices do not show a hostname or a cryptic description. I change it when I add it as a homeseer device, but is overwritten when ultramon scans the network (homeseer devices as I named them are still OK).

Would like to have a column with the homeseer device name, which also links to the homeseer device properties page. This solves my problem and gives quick overview if I made mistakes compared with hostnames found via DNS.

regards,
        jan-Willem
        I plan on adding this feature very soon. I never notice this inconsistency because all my network devices use manual DHCP (using pfSense.org), so scanning always results in a hostname that matches the HomeSeer device name.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I plan on adding this feature very soon. I never notice this inconsistency because all my network devices use manual DHCP (using pfSense.org), so scanning always results in a hostname that matches the HomeSeer device name.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          I logged in to the forum today just to ask for this--so glad you are going to implement this. I was going to ask that the hostname be a separate field from the homeseer device name, and to keep location differences in sync somehow between homeseer device management page, and ultramon "devices" tab.

Another minor feature request: Any chance you could make the number of devices shown on a page a configuration option on the options tab? I find I have to select "all" every time I go to the "devices" or "subnet" tabs when I am trying to setup network devices.

Last thing, in the HS2 plugin you had more device types I think. Maybe they were simple different. Anyway, if you have more, such as PS3, TV, and such could you add them back in? If not how about an easy way to create the 3 additional status icons from one base icon?

Thanks for updating this plugin! With so many devices on our networks now this is becoming a more and more useful plugin all the time.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
          Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
          Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Any update on a new version of UltraMon?

Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue

Comment

Hi Ultra,

I hate to ask over and over, but... A few posts ago you made it seem like an update was imminent? Hope all is well.

Comment

Ultra posted in another thread that he got side tracked on another project so some of the plugin updates have been put on hold until he finishes that.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172410

My guess is once he has that completed we might see the update.

Jeff

Comment

I just posted UltraMon3 HSPI version 3.0.5503.26654. I couldn't fit an additional column showing both the HomeSeer device name and DNS name. The plug-in will now display the HomeSeer device name in place of the DNS name associated with the IP address.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

I just posted UltraMon3 HSPI version 3.0.5503.26654. I couldn't fit an additional column showing both the HomeSeer device name and DNS name. The plug-in will now display the HomeSeer device name in place of the DNS name associated with the IP address.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Thanks. The device page is nicer now with the the hostname and device name now in the list. How can I monitor a hostname? I seem to recall that you had this in the HS2 plugin, but it seems to be removed from the HS3 plugin. Many of my devices are DHCP and could change IP. When the IP changes will that device stop being monitored, or will the plugin update the IP?

Also, any chance you can put the entries drop down on the plugin options and make the selection stick?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
                      Thanks. The device page is nicer now with the the hostname and device name now in the list. How can I monitor a hostname? I seem to recall that you had this in the HS2 plugin, but it seems to be removed from the HS3 plugin. Many of my devices are DHCP and could change IP. When the IP changes will that device stop being monitored, or will the plugin update the IP?

Also, any chance you can put the entries drop down on the plugin options and make the selection stick?
                      A monitored device uses the host's mac address. If the IP changes, the plug-in will reflect the change.

Comment

A monitored device uses the host's mac address. If the IP changes, the plug-in will reflect the change.
                        I should have guessed you would be all over that. Thanks!

Comment

Multiple subnet monitoring already exists in UltraMon3 HSPI.
                          Hello Ultrajones,

Just a follow-up to this. The multiple subnet monitoring does not work unless plugin registers the MAC address. If the device is behind the router then you can not add it to list of monitored devices as it does not have MAC address populated. Perhaps if the selectable option was available to exclude the need for MAC address on hosts that do not have it could resolve this issue.

Your thoughts????

Thanks
                          Mark

Comment

Anymore thoughts on monitoring internet ips? I would like to monitor a couple of ip's on the internet to see if my internet line is up/down

Comment

Configurable time on Discovered Host E-Mail Notification

I really like the e-mail notification when a unknown IP is on the network, but don't need to be reminded every 30 minutes.

A configurable frequency sure would be a big improvement for this function.

Grtz.

Comment

MAC exclude list

Another thing that might come in handy is the ability to exclude some mac addresses from generating e-mail notifcations. (well known guests for example)

Comment

Working...
                                X