Plugin changes are coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin changes are coming

I will be getting an ECM-1240 shortly and I will be keeping my ECM-1220 as well.
    Since Brultech has their dashboard software now that gives you just about all of the information that you need I will be changing the plugin to only pull the data from their Engine application so that it can be used in HomeSeer or MainLobby to show the real-time information.
    It defeats the purpose to add all of the detailed info into the plugin to re-invent what their dashboard already does for you. The detailed functionality in this plugin will be removed but it will gain the ability to support multiple monitors.
    I am in the process of doing this now and I am also waiting on my new 1240 unit.
    Last edited by Blade; March 14, 2010, 04:26 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

This is great news. I just got an ECM-1240 and the dashboard is really nice. Looking forward to getting a HS plugin that integrates with it.

Comment

I was working with Paul this weekend (who is the owner of Brultech) and he made some changes to the Engine app that makes things easier.
      I am in process of making the changes now. I will let you know when it is done.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Blade,

I have a question. If the computer system goes down for whatever reason, will the Brultech software be able to take advantage of the data logging capability of the ECM-1240 and read the data that was missed from the ECM-1240 when the software comes back up, and will your plug-in recover gracefully?

Thanks!
        Brian

Comment

The plugin can only log the data it receives from the monitor. The accumulated kwh values seem are accumulated by the monitor itself and seem to be very reliable.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
            This is great news. I just got an ECM-1240 and the dashboard is really nice. Looking forward to getting a HS plugin that integrates with it.
            Let me know if you want to try out the new re-design of the plugin. If you have the EngineG app already running, please make sure you upgrade to the latest version on the Brultech web site. Paul made a few changes for me.

Here is the web site for the update:
            http://www.brultech.com/dashboard.html

Send me an email if you want to try it out and I will send it to you. I have it running here with my ECM-1220 and it is working fine.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Are there any docs or screenshots around on your re-designed plug-in?

Comment

No they are part of the plugin itself. I will paste a little of the help file here.
                Madmax is running the latest beta of it and he said it is working fine.
                Hopefully he will post his comments.

Overview

The BLPowerMonitor Plug-in for HomeSeer will monitor your power usage using multiple Brultech Energy Consumption Monitors. This plugin is written in VB .Net 2.0 and requires Homeseer Version 2.1.0 or later.
                There is a web interface with this plugin that can be accessed through the HomeSeer Web Server.

NOTE: In order to use the plug-in you must use the Brultech Engine Server application on the Brultech web site. Make sure you are using the latest version of the Brultech Engine Application.

NOTE:
                Version 1.0.10.0 of this plug-in is a total re-design of how the plug-in interacts with the Brultech monitors. This build allows the user to use multiple monitors and requires the user to use the Brultech Engine application.

Setup

You will need to download the Brultech Engine Server application
                Make sure you write down the serial numbers in the EngineG app for all of the monitors you want to assign in the plug-in as the serial number is a vital key to proper functionality!

Once you have setup the monitor(s) in the Engine application and have started the real-time data, you will need to select the Forward Data option. You will need to fill in the section called "Forward Data Via TCP/IP Server"
                Enter in the port number you want to use (recommend you use the 7080 default value)
                Choose ASCII mode
                Click Enable checkbox and click Listen
                ** You then need to make sure you set the server IP address and port in the plug-in to match the port of the Engine app.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

So far, Blade's plugin is working great with the new build of the ECM dashboard and my ECM-1240.

Comment

Good to hear. I have added another feature of being able to see the incoming data on a monitor image. The could be used on touchscreens to show each monitor.

I am collecting all data in a database (if enabled by the user). I do plan to do something with the data but not in the first release.

If testing goes well today I may be releasing the build later tonight.
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

I have released the new plugin on my site and in the HS updater.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Comment

I emailed Paul Brule who is the owner of Brultech and let him know about the error in the Engine app. I will let you know what he says.

The plugin is still young and yes I do plan to allow the names to be used as part of the HS device names.
                          I will add that into the next release.

The reports should be showing the realtime data as it is received from the Engine app. Did you enter in the correct serial number that is shown for the monitor in the Engine app?
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I double checked the serial number and it is correct. The report for activity monitor log is updating every 2 seconds but the other report just comes up with the green form with no information. There is no error in the HS log or the engine software error log.

Thanks
                            Jim

Comment

Turn on debug logging on the options web page.
                              Then go to the monitor page and let it run for 10 seconds or so, then go back to options and disable debug logging.
                              Please log a help desk ticket on my web site (see my signature)
                              Once you have created the ticket, then attach the BLPowerMonitor-Detailed.log file inyour HS root folder.
                              I will have a look.
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X