Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request Broadlink Rm pro plug-in .

Hi guys ,

I buyed today the Broadlink , it controls 433mhz and 315mhz and IR.
    Works with all the rf receivers, iT can learn and duplicate (rf and ir), somfy works also , so its a cheap rfxcom with IR controller.

Domoticz has already an open api and also api Available on the web.
    This would be awsome to make a plug-in for homeseer.

I also have the orvibo here , works perfect with ir devices (very good range) but i didn't test the 433mhz.

IT would be cool if Someone can help me develop a plug-in for iT

Regards

Sended from far far away
    Last edited by Malosa; April 17, 2016, 02:49 PM.
    Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
    Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Here is the api, i hope Someone can help me http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/downloa...umentation.pdf

Sended from far far away

Comment

Looks like someone made a tasker app for these, it would be a very cheap replacement for the GlobalCache IR blasters and Harmony Hub!

Comment

yes its much cheaper that the harmony , i have now an orvibo all one , it has a wider range that the broadlink , now i need to see if i can make a plugin somehow ...

it works with node ,

Originally posted by XeKToReX View Post
        Looks like someone made a tasker app for these, it would be a very cheap replacement for the GlobalCache IR blasters and Harmony Hub!

Comment

is there any news regarding this topic? i am also interested in this plugin.. I can support its development.

Comment

Keen on this too. On the trial at the moment and have two broadlink rm2 pro's which I like to integrate with homeseer. Works well with other automation hubs. Surprised not supported so far with homeseer since this device has been around for ages.
            Cheap device for controlling both IR and RF devices. Don't think anything else comes close in cost and that can do both.

Comment

I'm looking at this and may look at a plugin for it, how is it working for people? The API looks reasonable enough to get working (I can just modify one of my existing plugins) I'm more interested in real life RF range etc.

Comment

Any chance for the plugin or no one really cares?

Comment

Broadlink RM Pro 2

I just purchased one of these as well to work with my Amazon Echo. It can e done, but I have been fighting to get it to work for 2 days now. It seems to be an issue with firmware, app version, and tasker RM version. There seems to be a magic combination, but no one seems to know what that is....

The range from what I have tested so far is very good. I can use their app to send commands directly to the device. It has 6 IR blasters pointing in all directions. the signal is very strong and works if I completely block the side pointing to the TV I am controlling.

I would also really welcome a plugin for HS for this device. It works with my ceiling fans, as well as a couple tower fans that I have.
                  Attached Files
                  Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                  www.JohnWPB.com
                  Created with LCARS

Comment

Hi , after i posted this topic i also buyed the orvibo alone.
                    I tested both and i like the orvibo even more iT has a much wider range and iT looks nice.

i had iT working before but because the lack of time i Quit testing.

Regards.

Comment

I've got this working reliably in HS3, controllable by Alexa, Google Home HSTouch, etc... Here is the not-at-all-cumbersome process i followed to make it happen.

I started by training the IR remote buttons for the two TVs in the basement using the eControl app provided by Broadlink, then created virtual devices for them in HS. Next I got the Broadlink RM Plugin running (standalone, not using Tasker) on an infrequently used bartop tablet that's left plugged in at the bar all the time. I enabled HTTP bridge in the plugin, and browsed the code list provided there to find the "codeId" for each TV's power button. I inserted these in a CURL request that I typed up into a one line batch file for each TV, then created an HS event that triggers when the virtual device's status is changed, running an immediate script that calls the batch file, which makes the HTTP request to the RM plugin on the tablet, which in turn communicates with the econtrol app to send the right IR signal from the RM Pro. See, not cumbersome at all! Finally I mounted the RM Pro upside down on the suspended ceiling in roughly the middle of the room where I had an outlet.

There are some obvious (and some not so obvious pros and cons to this set up.

First some pros:
                      -- works very well in general - the right command has fired and been received every time I've tested it.
                      -- very good range - about 14' from the ceiling mounted bar TV, and 20' from the main TV. These distances are better than the factory remote in both cases
                      -- able to use one very affordable device to control basic remote control functions on several devices
                      -- adding additional devices/functions is fairly straightforward once the initial work is done - I spent 3 minutes getting it to control an IR controlled LED strip under the bar
                      -- the device is small and light enough to ceiling mount with Velcro, is non obtrusive (doesn't stand out as strange looking as it is similar in size and design to some WiFi APs I've used), and is now perfectly out of the way of possible obstructions.

And cons:
                      -- too many "moving parts" for my liking - apps, plugins, batch files, virtual devices, etc. As stated, it's working fine for now. But any number of minor things could seemingly break the whole chain
                      -- a virtual device and an event to monitor is needed for every button press the way I have it set up now. I'm fairly certain a bit of tweaking would let me use one virtual device and a more complex script simplify, but I don't know that it's worth the effort when the main feature I wanted was to say "Alexa, turn on the bar TV", and that's already working
                      -- less obvious but really irritating, the aforementioned LED strip uses a very basic RCA IR command set - seemingly the very same very basic command set used by the cheapish 32" TV mounted at the bar. Until I did some tinkering and found an alternate code, every press of the "volume down" button would indeed turn down the volume, but would also start a mini light show with strobing LED effects.

I really can't say enough good things about the capabilities of the hardware, nor enough bad things about the lack of a simple, open API provided by the manufacturer. If not for the ingenuity of the plugin authors, this utterly capable device would be all but useless to me. Hopefully my ramblings here will be helpful to someone. If nothing else, at least I now have a record of how I made this work for that day in the future when it all stops and I have to debug the tangled web I've woven...

Comment

this is very complicated for me, and i am sure not everyone here has the time or the knowledge to do the same.. is there a possibility that someone makes a plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramymounir View Post
                          this is very complicated for me, and i am sure not everyone here has the time or the knowledge to do the same.. is there a possibility that someone makes a plugin?
                          I was going to take a look but didn't get any feedback to the above post and adopted an ESP8266 solution instead...I think people taking the concept on as a plugin would need to know whether or not the API document above is genuine or actually works - reverse engineering things is not always fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                            I was going to take a look but didn't get any feedback to the above post and adopted an ESP8266 solution instead...I think people taking the concept on as a plugin would need to know whether or not the API document above is genuine or actually works - reverse engineering things is not always fun.
                            I believe the API document you're referencing is an API for the plugin, not directly provided by Broadlink. So any HS plugin that makes use of it would still require the third party plugin to be run on an always-on Android device as I described in my post.It would undoubtedly be able to cut out some steps, specifically by adding all remote buttons to one device, but would still require multiple layers of complexity.

Mr Happy, I believe you're saying you implemented ESP8266 for IR control? Have you documented this on HAS forums? If not, can you point me to any resources that describe what you've implemented? I have a few different ESP devices laying around, including a few Digistump Oaks in use, but haven't been successful getting a worthwhile IR solution going. I could really use this in rooms with only one IR device to control. Thanks for any pointers!

Comment

Originally posted by weaslyd View Post
                              I believe the API document you're referencing is an API for the plugin, not directly provided by Broadlink. So any HS plugin that makes use of it would still require the third party plugin to be run on an always-on Android device as I described in my post.It would undoubtedly be able to cut out some steps, specifically by adding all remote buttons to one device, but would still require multiple layers of complexity.

Mr Happy, I believe you're saying you implemented ESP8266 for IR control? Have you documented this on HAS forums? If not, can you point me to any resources that describe what you've implemented? I have a few different ESP devices laying around, including a few Digistump Oaks in use, but haven't been successful getting a worthwhile IR solution going. I could really use this in rooms with only one IR device to control. Thanks for any pointers!
                              I just use the last ESPEasy firmware (I think it is a release candidate firmware) via the Arduino IDE and providing you also include a library from here https://github.com/esp8266/Basic/blo...emoteESP8266.h it'll work to send IR. You then just have to send the commands by a URL call, what I did was capture the commands with a standalone arduino (using an IR dump sketch) then it is just a case of sending it back. My needs are relatively simple in that I just need to send to two devices however due to some issue somewhere I can't send the same IR to both devices so have two transistors diverting the IR to two sets of LED's.

I then have some devices in HS and send the command to the script, the script sorts out where to divert the IR to and then sends it. I only did it last week and it was a replacement for an older arduino solution that was getting controlled from HS by a serial call, I'll sort it out so I don't have to rely on the events hopefully when HS fixes the bug with calling a script from a device button.

If your needs are simple in that you just need to send IR from one output it can be done with minimal components and a straightforward script. Happy to help if you need further info...this is the HS script I use;

Code:
                              Dim IPAddress As String = "http://192.168.1.23"

Sub Main(ByVal Parms As Object)

Dim AddText As String = ""

Try
                                      If Parms.ToString.Length = 1 Then

Select Case Parms.ToString

Case "a","b"
                                              Case "c" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,1FEA05F,32"
                                              Case "d" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,1FEE01F,32"
                                              Case "e" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,1FE10EF,32"
                                              Case "f" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,1FE906F,32"
                                              Case "l" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,1FED827,32"

Case "g" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DF906F,32"
                                              Case "h" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DFD02F,32"
                                              Case "i" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DF40BF,32"
                                              Case "j" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DFC03F,32"
                                              Case "k" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DF10EF,32" 'this is the same on the back bedroom TV

Case "m" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DFA35C,32" 'discrete off
                                              Case "n" : AddText = "IRSEND,NEC,20DF23DC,32" 'discrete on

End Select

Select Case Parms.ToString
                                              Case "c", "d", "e", "f", "l"
                                                  If GetURL("GPIO,14,1") <> Nothing Then
                                                  hs.writelog("IRTransmit", "HDMI Switch Selected")
                                                  GetURL(AddText)  
                                                  GetURL("GPIO,14,0")          
                                                  End If
                                              Case "g", "h", "i", "j", "k", "m", "n"
                                                  If GetURL("GPIO,4,1") <> Nothing Then
                                                  hs.writelog("IRTransmit", "TV Selected")
                                                  GetURL(AddText)  
                                                  GetURL("GPIO,4,0")          
                                                  End If
                                          End Select
                                      End If

Catch ex As Exception : hs.writelog("IRTransmit", "Exception: " & ex.message)
                                  End Try

End Sub

Function GetURL(ByVal InputURL As String) As String
                                  Dim ReturnValue As String = hs.GetURL(IPAddress, "/control?cmd=" & InputURL, False, 80, False)
                                  hs.writelog("IRTransmit", "Return From Server: " & ReturnValue)
                                  Return ReturnValue
                              End Function

Comment

Working...
                              X