Beta JowiHue 2.0.1.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta JowiHue 2.0.1.11

A new beta has been published for JowiHue.

Main change in this plugin is the way how sensors are recognised and how the devices are created. If you have existing sensors, they should still work.

For the beta testers I would want to ask to remove some sensors from the devices and restart the plugin. Then the plugin should recreate the removed sensors. Most often with the same values still, some might see some changes in the device values.

In this beta other changes and bugs are done. An overview:
    Februari 20, 2018

This is the release candidate
    New
    • Added support for alarm detectors, smoke/gas detectors, water detectors and fire detectors for the deCONZ gateways
    • Updated API from deCONZ to latest status
    • Added power consumption to the plugin for the Xiaomi and Heiman plugs (not reporting yet) for the deCONZ gateways
    • Added support for several new devices through the XML
    • Updated the "bright 0" behaviour for deCONZ to match the behaviour of the Philips bridges. You can now alo set transition time with the "Bright 0" command

Bugs
    • Some improvements on a Linux issue when lights are reporting xy values. Hoping this is resolved..
    • Solved an issue where the deCONZ bridge device did not return to reachable after being unreachable. This did not prevent the correct functioning of the bridge, but you could not be sure if all was right.
    • some more bugs were caught, minor issues.

Februari 14, 2018

New
    • Added an option to randomize the presets used in actions of a event. This can be filtered based on grouping of the presets
    • Added scriptcommands for starting a preset and also choose a random preset by script.
    • Changed behaviour of the off command when used as "bright 0" in JowiHue actions. If you use the transition time here it will be honoured i case of bright 0 command. But be aware that a subsequent "on" will turn on the light at a low level and not at the last level before the off was generated. This works only on Philips bridges, deCONZ does not honour the transition time with an off signal yet.
    • Added new (sensor) devices to the database so correct values can be shown. If you want to see the correct descriptions for statusses, please update the devices by going to the properties of a device and press the button 'rebuild device values" on the JowiHue tab

Bugs
    • triggering a JowiHue action with a bright 0 command for groups of light was not working, lights in this group did not respond. This is now corrected.
    • On linux systems the deCONZ webhook would not correctly update when xy values were send. This should now work normally.
    • An issue with pressure devices updating has been resolved.
    • When a deCONZ gateway was moved to another ip address there was a high possiblility that the plugin would not recognise this conrrectly, resulting in doubled devices. This should now work as planned again.
    • After new lights or sensors are added, it could happen the plugin would not update devices before a restart of the plugin was done. Now it should update sensors and lights immediatly.
    • Few users had a long time issue of a damaged datatable, including myself. I never was able to find the cause, but finally, this bug should belong to the past from now on...

A short explanation of the new scripting commands:

SetPreset

Start a preset for the chosen lights
    Returns a Boolean. True = successful, False = unsuccessful
    Parameters: 3
    Name : name of the preset to be set
    Lights : Name of lights or groups to be set with the preset. When you need to set more then one light or group add “;” beween the names (“Lamp 1;Lamp 2”)
    Transitiontime: transtiontime between quotes to use, or send empty string for default setting(“100” or “”)

Syntax:

Code:
    Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetPreset", { "Gold", "TableLight;KitchenLight",""})
    SetPresetRandom

Start a random preset for the chosen lights
    Returns a Boolean. True = successful, False = unsuccessful
    Parameters: 3
    Lights : Name of lights or groups to be set with the preset. When you need to set more then one light or group add “;” beween the names (“Lamp 1;Lamp 2”)
    PresetGroup: Name of presetgroup to use for the random function. Leave empty whey you want to use all presets available
    Transtiontime : transtiontime between quotes to use, or send empty string for default setting(“100” or “”)

Syntax:

Code:
    Dim test As Boolean = hs.PluginFunction("JowiHue", "", "SetPresetRandom", {"TableLight;KitchenLight","Colorfull",""})
    January 24, 2018

New
    • Expanded the functions of the up and down buttons for Hue/Sat and CT devices. Earlier the valus would go down only. The behaviour is now changed so the value will reste to its high value once the low values are reached. The same is in effect for the scripting commands IncreaseLights and DecreaseLights.
    • The rebuild device values button is now also implemented for the light devices.
    • Added an option to display bridge values for a light or a sensor when opening the JowiHue tab on the deviceproperty pages. This function is usefull when a new light or sensor is added and you want to send details about this device to the plugin owner.

Bugs
    • Some color devices would not be created when the lighttype was holding a non standard description. This has been corrected.
    • Updated execution of animations making it more reliable
    • Recovery option for animation updated so it would only recover light settings for the lights actually used
    • While checking on the up and down button I discovered that at some point I removed the up and down buttons for the saturation devices. This is now corrected.
    • Sometimes Hue, SAT or CT devices would not be created/corrected if the XML file was updated. That would be corrected with a restart of the plugin. It is now made sure it will also work 'dynamically'.

January 17, 2018

New
    • Updated and added several sensors to get correct values correctly once created as device
    • Updated default divisor for temperature and humidity sensorvalues to 100
    • Enabled use of ':' and ';' in names of scenes, lights and groups.

December 2017

New
    • Changed the way sensors are recognised and corresponding devices are created. This has no consequences for existing devices, only for new sensors
    • Added an update button on the deviceproperties to update possible device values (VSPairs).
    • Changed handling of the transition time for Philips Hue bridges. This now enables the lights connected to go on at the last status before they were switched off. This might cause some events to have a different result!
    • Added the color setting for Alexa - it should work once the API for HomeSeer is accepted.

Bugs
    • When activating a scene that is stored on the bridge, all other lights could be switched on a brightness of 1. This should no longer occur.

When you are using the new beta and find issues, please use this thread?

Thanks,

Wim
    Last edited by w.vuyk; February 20, 2018, 02:46 PM. Reason: New beta 2.0.1.11
    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Thanks for the update.

So the 'last status' update to the plugin is awesome, do we need to do anything on our ends, or is this now automatic? If I have a power outage will your plugin remember which bulbs were off, and then turn them back off once the whole house power is restored?

Comment

Antony,

Sorry, but that is not what this update does. That issue should be solved by Philips in the firmware itself, which they just deny to do for very vague reasons.
      With a brownout the plugin would be out too an could never save the current state, so that ball has to lie with Philips helas. Kind of funny as the much cheaper IKEA light does have that feature without any issue....

The update in this plugin is that if an event, or user on the deviceutility page switches a Hue bridge light off and switches it on (not dimming, but the on coommand is send) the last values are restored by the bridge. It was already working that way on the deCONZ gateways, but now also for the Philips Hue bridges.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm confused, so it sounds like the Philips Bridge already stores the current values if a power outage occurs?

Comment

Anthony,

Yes it does. That is also the hottest discussion on the developers board for the Philips Hue. Values are known on the bridge, but not on the light. Philips should save it on the bulb level, not the bridge.

The plugin itself does already have the recoverlight option per light, but that is only helping if the plugin is up and running to see the bulb become unreachable (e.g. using power switch for bulbs) and reurning power. This option does not work on a full power down of the house.

But making sure we understand each other, the restoration of the last level set with the current beta is when a (soft?) off is send from HomeSeer, not a power off by a switch. with the soft off, levels are saved on the bridge.

Wim
          -- Wim

Comment

Hello,

Sorry for the newbie question,

Where could i find and how can I install the beta ?

Thanks,

Michel

Comment

All riiiight !

Manage plugin,

Beta section at the bottom of the page.

Comment

Hi

A little funny thing, Xiaomi hum/temp/pressure-sensor, see attachement.

Temp and hygro is with no decimals, and temp is 10000 (100 deg) to high, compared to the value in deCONZ.

No value for the pressure.
                Attached Files

Comment

Jan,

I missed adding a divisor to the Xiaomi configuration for temperature and humidity. I did it for the Philips hue temperature sensor, but missed doing the same for the Xiaomi sensor.

Download the attached xml file and place it in the /config directory of the HS installation. No need to restart the plugin. The plugin will see the file in max 30 minutes and import the new values.

Solved :-) No need to update the plugin for it...

Let me know if it works?

Wim
                  Last edited by w.vuyk; January 6, 2018, 12:58 PM. Reason: Removed attachment (newer available)
                  -- Wim

Comment

Comment

All reports on the pressure I have seen have been 0. I think deCONZ is not updating this correctly yet.

That I missed the temperature even now is a sign of age I am afraid
                      Will update that in the next version and in the earlier message holding the xml file....

Could you try with a restart of the plugin? I am using the same value here for the Philips Motion temperature sensor and it works fine... It looks like it is multiplying for you instead of using a division? I am pretty sure both temperature sensors are using the same code.... will recech nevertheless.

Wim
                      -- Wim

Comment

Comment

Jan,

Wondering what is happening in your installation... Borge confirmed it is working for him now, after the divisor correction of temperature. So I am wondering if you database is updated correctly?

Could you send me the JowiHue.db from the data\JowiHue directory? Send it to my private email?

Thanks,

Wim
                          -- Wim

Comment

Hi Wim

Mail posted.

/Jan

Comment

Jan,

Database is good, all values as expected. Which level deCONZ are you using? It looks like the REST API is reporting high values then?

Wim
                              -- Wim

Comment

Working...
                              X