This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xapmcsChart xAP Node

xapmcsChartis an xAP node that produces jpg trend charts from an Access or SQL Server database. These charts are formatted with an HTTP server for direct browser access and are produced on demand from xAP messages where they are deposited in the local folder from where they can be used in other applications.

It is designed as an element of a xAP system that produces sensor data (e,g xapmcs1wire, xapmcsTemp0x, xapmcsWeatherAWS, xapmcsWeatherMSNBC, xapmcsWeatherXML), stores it in a database (xapmcsDatabase), and generates trend charts (xapmcsChart). It does have general purpose application, but it does make some assumptions about the nature of the data to identify discrete vs continuous table structure strategies as well as the chart labeling based upon the identification of the sensor.

It has a registration mechanism for which the unlock code can be obtained via Private Message for those that are owners of the mcsTemperature plugin.

Change Log

PR1 1.0.2 No chart when only discretes are selected
    PR2 1.0.6 Database query not saved on shutdown
    PR3 1.0.6 Duration field missing when not using control chart with discretes
    PR4 1.0.8 PopulateDiscrete overflow
    PR5 1.0.8 Duration field update SQL error
    PR6 1.0.8 Colors change when device removed from display
    PR7 1.0.9 Access SQL expression error resulting in FixTable xAP messages
    PR8 1.0.10 No license needed for February
    PR9 1.0.27 Shade discrete on quantizations with light 3-d effect
    PR10 1.2.0 Use vertical bars on discrete quantization
    PR11 1.4.0 Add common links on browser via links.htm file
    PR12 1.5.4 Metric units do not change the Y axis scale label

Available from http://mcsSprinklers.com/xapmcsChart.zip
    Last edited by Michael McSharry; December 19, 2014, 02:15 PM.

Michael,

If I'm using the default style sheet that comes with HS 2.x, Style.css, how do I get xapMCSChart to use it? I tried setting it to style.css, and tried copying it to the XapmcsChart folder it creates, but no luck. The text is unreadable for me as a result (black on black.)

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

Actually I'm having a hard time just getting it to chart anything. If it grabs the default Xap message going by for charting, it can't find the path:
      defineconnections line 310 '\\mikehome\c\program files\homeseer 2\data\mcsdatabase.mdb' is not a valid path. make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

The machine name is right, but shouldn't that be c$ and not c ?

Also if I I specify an MDB file on that machine, for example c:\program files\homeseer 2\MCSTemperature.mdb with table Temperature, if I hit query Dbase it does nothing. Am I allowed to change the dbase?

Essentially I want to migrate over from MCSTemp to MCSXap, MCS1Wire, MCSDatabase and MCSChart. Right now I'm just testing with the old MCSTemp dbase.

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

Michael,

In your zip file you did not include the StyleNoBody.css and the appropriate folder. I use you other plugins and was able to copy & figure it out, but this might cause problems for others.

Comment

I updated the file to contain the supporing subfolders. There is also the document at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113939 that may help.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
            I updated the file to contain the supporing subfolders. There is also the document at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113939 that may help.
            Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help, that fixed the stylesheet problem, as well as an error if I tried to select custom groups. I've read thru the document, but I must be missing something as it seems like there are only a handful of places to set the database type, location, table, and what you want to store. I see the values populating into the database so I know it's receiving them but keep getting the error:
            formattemperaturescreen line 1790 '\\mikehome\c\program files\homeseer 2\data\mcsdatabase.mdb' is not a valid path. make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.

The path looks wrong as it should be c$ and not c, but not sure where it's grabbing that from. xapChart, dbase and HS are all on the same box.

Thank you,

-Mike

Comment

That line number does not synchronize with the source so that is not a good start. Post your mcsChart.ini and the .mdb where data is being collected so I can see what you have setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
                That line number does not synchronize with the source so that is not a good start. Post your mcsChart.ini and the .mdb where data is being collected so I can see what you have setup.
                Here you go, thanks again for your help.

-Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

It turns out I use a second database xapmcsChart\Data\xapmcsChart.mdb to hold the messages. It was a long time ago I wrote this so bear with me. Could you also post that file.

Comment

No problem, here you go.

Thanks!

-Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Michael,

I need to do some testing, but think I found it. Changed it from \\MIKEHOME\C\\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\mcsDatabase.mdb to \\MIKEHOME\C$\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Data\mcsDatabase.mdb in the xapchart database, and now it works.

-Mike

Comment

Regards, Bob

Comment

The normal xAP environment uses xapmcsDatabase to collect the data and to communicate with xapmcsChart. The ML xap node is xapmcsML. There was a discussion thread within the last few months in the mcsTemperature forum where generation of charts by mcsTemperature on demand was done. If you do a little search you should find that thread and if the discussion does not give you all you need then PM the member that is now doing it.

Comment

Working...
                          X