Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, have that part working, now on to the XAP portion!
    HS: 2.5.0.60
    Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
    Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
    Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
    Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
    UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
    Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Two schema are used. When the device is assigned an X10 device code then xapmcsUPB uses the xap-x10 schema. When not assigned then it uses the xapbsc schema. The xAP conduit plugin prefers xapbsc. If you have problems with the xap conduit then let me know and I'll forward mcsXap as the homeseer plugin.

Comment

Well, I believe your PlugIn is working just fine, but I'm stumped with the HS 2.0 XAP plugin. When I go into New Hardware, I have to go into raw mode to see anything, then when I add the devices, I just end up with informational devices that I can't control. I'm curious, when you assign an X10 code in your plug in, is this suppose to be what gets assigned in HS? Also, I'm not so sure that my schema file is complete either.

Edit: Sorry, I meant, your connector, not plug in...
        Last edited by jstaab; August 27, 2005, 08:52 PM.
        HS: 2.5.0.60
        Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
        Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
        Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
        UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
        Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

It is not very useful if it is not controllable.

With mcsXap It is totally transparent to the homeseer user that it is an xAP node vs. a Homeseer plugin. Give me your email via PM or post and I will email mcsXap. I also need to know what X10 plugin you are using with Homeseer to give you proper setup guidance.

I did update mcsXap for HS2 1938, but I know some things have changed through 1955. I'll give it a spin around the block on HS2 before I send it to you.

Comment

Invalid Port number

I am using UPBStart on com8 and it works fine. Com8 is an edgeport usbtoSerial com port. When I try to set the xap UPB to 8 I receive an error telling me "opnecommport line 370| Invalid port number".

Is this an issue with the edgeport or is there something else going on?

I am using HS2 1997 with an SA PIM
            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

The error message contains both the procedure name and the port number of the form

"OpenCommPort " & sPort

If you fully transcribed the error line it means that it things the port number is null. Confirm on the setup from the browser that

Serial Comm IP Address is blank
              Serial Comm Port is 8

I run mine with an IP rather than a COM address so I would not normally experience the problem you are seeing. If you confrim your setup and still have a problem then I'll look into it.

Comment

Confirmed comm port and ip

Originally posted by Michael McSharry

If you fully transcribed the error line it means that it things the port number is null. Confirm on the setup from the browser that

Serial Comm IP Address is blank
                Serial Comm Port is 8
                The "UPB Comm Port" is 8
                the "Comm IP" is blank.
                The "HTTP Server Port" is 8016. I did make sure that 8016 was open in my firewall.

I am using the GUI but when the browser does work the same info is there.

I did try changing the comm port to 3 (non edgeport comm) and received the same error. In the message it says commport but it is referring to the HTTP server Port. If I change the HTTP port number to anything it does show up in the message so something is mixed up.

I tried putting the 8 in the "HTTP server port" and the 8016 on the commport to see if the labels were backwards and I did not receive an error but the "Browser" web page did not work.

Let me know if there is anything else you need. Thanks.
                Last edited by jasv; October 24, 2005, 09:17 AM.
                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I mapped port 6 into my PIM and setup with 6 as the port and all worked as it should. I posted my current compile as Version 1.3.32. At least start there and see if a problem still occurs. Also observe any prior messages that may indicate an error. The normal startup will have two messages. The first is the IP port used for xAP and the second is the COM port used for the PIM. I do not belive there is any relationship with the edgeport and the error.

Comment

Does UPstart work with that comport - ie have you verified operation with other software to be sure your using the correct comport number ?
                    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Yes it works with UPStart

Originally posted by bruce l
                      Does UPstart work with that comport - ie have you verified operation with other software to be sure your using the correct comport number ?
                      It works fine with UPStart
                      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Something differenet

With the most current version posted, I still receive the message.

I decided to ignore the message and shutdown (exit) the mcsxapUpb program. When I restarted it, I received the message in the homeseer log that it opened comport 8 without any problem but I did get this message in the log.

10/24/2005 12:49:02 PM - mcs.upb.homesee - readups line 1170 object variable or with block variable not set

I think I did the setup correctly and exported the *.upe to both the data directory as welll as a copy to the same directory as the executable.

I am trying to reboot my computer now and I will et you know if anything changes.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

The export file goes into the \Data\xapmcsUBP folder. The 1170 line occurs when reading this file. If you post this file I can see what is causing it. What module types do you now have in the UPStart export?

Comment

Device types include...

1 IO moudle, 1 dimming switch and 2 lamp modules. I've attached the *.upe file renamed as *.txt. I do have the file in the \data\xapmcsUPB directory.
                            Attached Files
                            James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Looks like you forgot about the 8 button module so you might as well send it to me. This is what was causing the 1170 error. I dont have this hardware so I'm not able to test, but at least we can get past this point of it being recognized at the input. Update is posted. V1.3.33.

Comment

I did forget but..

I did forget about my 8 button controller. You do deserve it and more for the great Xap tools. I looked for the new version but I can't find it on the first post of this thread. Did I forget how to download?
                                James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
                                X