Request: Adding "Tag Enters Range of Reader" to Conditional Arguments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Adding "Tag Enters Range of Reader" to Conditional Arguments

I was wondering if a new feature could be added to the next version of the plug-in? I'd like to see the "XXXX Tag Enters Range of YYY Reader" added to the Conditional statement of the Event logic. Currently, I can just use the command from the event Trigger selection, however, if I want to say only let me know when my daughter's book bag tag comes into range when a summer vacation device flag is set to off, I'm out of luck.

I'm sure that this is pretty low on the list of feature/fix requests, but I think it would offer quite a few of us some more options to use the RFID system more effectively.

Best regards,
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Perhaps I am overlooking something....

Can't you just use the trigger for XXXX Tag Enters range of reader YYYY And make the event conditional on the Summer Flag being Off, then action : ______ ??

Thanks

Peter

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
    I was wondering if a new feature could be added to the next version of the plug-in? I'd like to see the "XXXX Tag Enters Range of YYY Reader" added to the Conditional statement of the Event logic. Currently, I can just use the command from the event Trigger selection, however, if I want to say only let me know when my daughter's book bag tag comes into range when a summer vacation device flag is set to off, I'm out of luck.

I'm sure that this is pretty low on the list of feature/fix requests, but I think it would offer quite a few of us some more options to use the RFID system more effectively.

Best regards,

Comment

Sorry for not being as percise as I should have been. The problem I'm having is that there are only 4 options available under the "iAutomate RFID Tag Reader Conditions" if the "Current Trigger Type" is set to "Condition" within the event:

- "is Present at any Reader"
      - "is Absent from any Reader"
      - "is Present at Basement [1] Reader"
      - "is Absent from Basement [1] Reader"

If I select "RFID Triggers" for the "Current Trigger Type" statement, I have 12 options, including:

- "Enters Reader's Range"
      - "Leaves Reader's Range"
      - "Has been in a Reader's Range for a Time Period"
      - "Has been out of a Reader's Range for a Time Period"
      - "Tag is Moving"
      - "Tag in a Reader's Range is Moving"
      - "Keyfob Button is Pushed"
      - "Keyfob Button in Reader's Range is Pushed"
      - "Tag Goes into Security Alarm (Removed)"
      - "Tag Leaves Security Alarm (Present)"
      - "Tag's RSSI Value at Reader is Greater Than (Value)
      - "Tag's RSSI Value at Reader is Less Than (Value)

Therefore, I can't create a "Condition" that includes a Device Status Flag and an RFID trigger that requires the tag that "Leaves Reader's Range" since it's not available (in the first grouping) noted above. It's basically the difference between knowing the tag is always there verses knowing when the point is that it's gone.

Hope this is a little more clear.
      -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
      HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Why not just do it the other way around as I mentioned previously ?

The problem with making this trigger a condition is that the "Enters Range of Reader" trigger is actually "<i><b>at the exact moment when</i></b> a tag enters the range of a reader. That only happens once per occurence and conditions are periodically evaluated. If not evaluated at exactly the right moment, the condition would be "missed".

Thanks

Peter

Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
        Sorry for not being as percise as I should have been. The problem I'm having is that there are only 4 options available under the "iAutomate RFID Tag Reader Conditions" if the "Current Trigger Type" is set to "Condition" within the event:

- "is Present at any Reader"
        - "is Absent from any Reader"
        - "is Present at Basement [1] Reader"
        - "is Absent from Basement [1] Reader"

If I select "RFID Triggers" for the "Current Trigger Type" statement, I have 12 options, including:

- "Enters Reader's Range"
        - "Leaves Reader's Range"
        - "Has been in a Reader's Range for a Time Period"
        - "Has been out of a Reader's Range for a Time Period"
        - "Tag is Moving"
        - "Tag in a Reader's Range is Moving"
        - "Keyfob Button is Pushed"
        - "Keyfob Button in Reader's Range is Pushed"
        - "Tag Goes into Security Alarm (Removed)"
        - "Tag Leaves Security Alarm (Present)"
        - "Tag's RSSI Value at Reader is Greater Than (Value)
        - "Tag's RSSI Value at Reader is Less Than (Value)

Therefore, I can't create a "Condition" that includes a Device Status Flag and an RFID trigger that requires the tag that "Leaves Reader's Range" since it's not available (in the first grouping) noted above. It's basically the difference between knowing the tag is always there verses knowing when the point is that it's gone.

Hope this is a little more clear.

Comment

Working...
        X