Devices keep getting recreated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices keep getting recreated?

I've noted that whenever I restart the process on the pi, a new set of devices is created in Homeseer - is this expected behavior or am I doing something wrong? I'm not doing anything to shut down the process on the pi first, just a sudo reboot....

no this is not the expected behavior, however I can reproduce this problem. When the remote plugin is automatically started when the Pi boots, I get the following error in the log, which means the plugin cannot check if the devices already exists, as a consequence devices are wrongly recreated:

Code:
    Dec-27 9:46:21 AM	 	RaspberryIO	DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication:GetDeviceEnumerator () at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateHSDevices () <0x73c1a5b0 + 0x00043> in :0
    Dec-27 9:46:21 AM	 	RaspberryIO	ERROR CreateHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Do you see this same error in your logs?

What is strange is that when the plugin is manually started from the command line, everything works fine.

I will investigate more and try to fix it.

Comment

I see those messages - here is my log from the latest pi reboot

Dec-27 20:50:32 RaspberryIO DEBUG Stack: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication:GetDeviceEnumerator () at HSPI_RaspberryIO.RaspberryPiApp.CreateHSDevices () <0x74a110b0 + 0x00043> in :0
      Dec-27 20:50:32 RaspberryIO ERROR CreateHSDevices: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      Dec-27 20:50:28 RaspberryIO INFO Serial number: 0000000091c0d81c
      Dec-27 20:50:28 RaspberryIO INFO Firmware rev10494082, board model B3 (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B)
      Dec-27 20:50:28 RaspberryIO INFO Raspberry Pi running on Bcm2709 processor
      Dec-27 20:50:27 RaspberryIO INFO RaspberryIO version 3.0.0.4
      Dec-27 20:50:27 Info Plugin RaspberryIO with instance driveway has connected. IP:192.168.250.56:37422

Comment

Checking in on this issue - it still exists however the suggestion to cleanly shutdown the pi side before rebooting the pi is working well. Plus I've got my code basically done so I'm not rebooting 10x and hour!

Comment

please try version 3.0.0.5 available here as well as from the remote package: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7spvkqbtj9...ll_3-0-0-5.zip

Comment

This appears to have fixed the issue - thanks much!

Comment

Working...
            X