X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraECM HSPI For HomeSeer [NEW]

UltraECM for HomeSeer 2:

UltraECM is a HomeSeer 2 plug-in for the Brultech Energy Consumption Monitors. The plug-in reads data forwarded by the Brultech EngineG Software available at http://etherbee.com/BrultechSampleSi...re/default.htm.

Other Features:
    • Supports up to 6 Brultech Energy Consumption Monitors.
    • The Brultech ECM devices are automatically detected.
    • Create only the HomeSeer devices you need.

HomeSeer Triggers:
    • To be determined.

HomeSeer Actions:
    • To be determined.

Installation:
    • Install and uninstall support using HomeSeer's new plug-in install template.

Requirements:
    • Brultech EngineG version 1.92 (or greater)
    • 1 to 6 ECM-1240's (may work with the ECM-1220's, but it is untested at this point)
    • HomeSeer 2.2 (or greater).

Change Log:

Version 1.1.4246.36090 - Released Aug 17, 2011
    • Fixed issues assoicated with HP Touchpad

Version 1.1.4468.34026 - Released March 28, 2011
    • Energy Rates page to calculate energy cost.
    • Devices for Energy Usage Today (per device).
    • Devices for Energy Usage Yesterday (per device).
    • Devices for Net Energy Usage (Today, Yesterday, 7 Days and 30 days).
    • Devices for Net Energy Cost (Today, Yesterday, 7 Days and 30 days).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; March 31, 2012, 08:25 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Brultech EngineG Setup

Brultech EngineG Configuration
    • Download and install the Brultech EngineG software. The dashboard is optional, but recommend.
    • Connect your Brultech ECM to your PC running the EngineG software. If you're using TCP/IP, then you just need to make sure the device is reachable via the network.
    • Configured the Brultech EngineG software communications ports (using either Serial or TCP/IP). In the screenshot below, I am using TCP.
    • Once connected and packets are being received, click Foward Data > Home Automation Plugin, then enter the TCP port you want to use, select ASCII, then click listen

UltraECM HSPI Configuration
    • Download and install the beta software.
    • Shutdown HomeSeer.
    • Run the setup.exe file.
    • Re-start HomeSeer.
    • Click UltraECM > Options, then enter the IP address and TCP port of the Brultech EngineG software.

Please post any issues or feature requests in this thread ...

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; May 3, 2010, 03:46 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Screenshots

Screenshots
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ultrajones; April 10, 2010, 04:35 PM.

Comment

[placeholder]

Placeholder 2

Comment

Received a few errors along the way during the first run, but managed to get past them. It seems that the plug in causes a few of these the first time you start up without the IP and port defined:
          4/14/2010 10:13:53 AM ~!~Warning~!~Plug-in CommAndTimer not responding, #64 callbacks cancelled

Once I defined the IP and port, shut down, restarted, all was fine.

However, the road block I have at the moment is the following error:

PHP Code:
          4/14/2010 10:19:01 AM ~!~UltraECM Error~!~Unable to generate a new base IO code for class 'BaseClass' because all codes are in use.
          4/14/2010 10:19:03 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing interface: UltraECM->Unable to obtain base code; Try restaring HomeSeer
          In addition, the plug appears to continuously disconnect, according to the status and the errors, yet at the same time, it is still receiving data, see below:

PHP Code:
          4/14/2010 10:23:10 AM ~!~UltraECM Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with string 'CH1PAa=1244&CH2PAa=0&CH1PPa=1244&CH2PPa=0&CH1Aa=9.9&CH2Aa=0.1&Paux1a=724&Paux2a=2&Paux3a=233&Paux4a=0&Paux5a=0&KWhCH1a=27567.851&KWhCH2a=0.011&KWhAux1a=3369.627&KWhAux2a=167.44&KWhAux3a=314.669&KWhAux4a=0.167&KWhAux5a=0.002&Timea=10:23:10&Volta=123.1&DevSNa=946081
          '
          4/14/2010 10:23:16 AM ~!~UltraECM Debug~!~Hash tables intialized.
          4/14/2010 10:23:16 AM ~!~UltraECM Debug~!~Initiating connection to 192.168.0.4...
          4/14/2010 10:23:17 AM ~!~UltraECM Debug~!~Ethernet connection could not be made to 192.168.0.4 (192.168.0.4:7080) - No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.0.4:7080
          /14/2010 10:23:17 AM ~!~UltraECM Warning~!~Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt failed :Unable to initialize ECM Hardware :Unable to connect to 192.168.0.4
          /14/2010 10:23:18 AM ~!~UltraECM Debug~!~Entered ProcessReceived() function with string 'CH1PAa=1235&CH2PAa=0&CH1PPa=1235&CH2PPa=0&CH1Aa=10&CH2Aa=0.1&Paux1a=717&Paux2a=2&Paux3a=234&Paux4a=0&Paux5a=0&KWhCH1a=27567.853&KWhCH2a=0.011&KWhAux1a=3369.629&KWhAux2a=167.44&KWhAux3a=314.669&KWhAux4a=0.167&KWhAux5a=0.002&Timea=10:23:18&Volta=123.0&DevSNa=946081

I think all the above issues are also causing the CPU usage to max out as well. Once I shut down the plug in, the CPU returns to normal.

Let me know if you need anything else, or send me an e-mail if you want to take this offline.

Jesse
          Last edited by jstaab; April 14, 2010, 10:41 AM.
          HS: 2.5.0.60
          Environment: Virtual XP as guest in VMWare Server running under Win 7
          Plug-ins: MLHSPlugin|RCS Serial Thermostat|UltraLog|UltraMon|
          Misc: 303 Devices, 313 Events, 68+ Scripts

HSeer: 3.0.0.54
          Plug-ins: BLGData|BLRF|BLRadar|BLRandom|BLSpeech
          UltraM1G3|UltraECM3|UltraMon3|UPBSpud|Z-Wave
          Misc: 148 Devices, 116 Events, 9+ Scripts (so far, still converting)

Comment

Another oddity, so I thought the plug in shut down to fix the CPU issue, that wasn't the case. According to HS, the plug in is shut down, but the plug in continues to run as data is being logged to the log file. Will restart HS and see what happens.

Comment

Working on the idea that the plug in couldn't find a base IO code, I freed one up and things are now looking better. It appears that error had a few side effects. So far, so good. I'll post back later.

Comment

For the first error, HomeSeer indicated you didn't have any more base codes available. Seems like you fixed that issue by removing a plug-in.

For the disconnect issue, I found it was caused by the Brultech EngineG software. It was fixed in the lastest release. What version of the Brultech EngineG software are you running?

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

I'm using 1.92, which last time I looked, was the latest. The first error regarding no base code seemed to have caused the additional problems I encountered. After I freed one up, then restarted, the CPU usage went back to normal and the constant disconnect issue went away. When the plug in was logging messages about the disconnect, the Brultech engine was still showing connected, and obviously the plug in was still receiving messages as noted in the log. Again, I think the first error just seemed to cause a few other issues. Likewise, when this was going on, the plug in didn't shut down either. To correct that, it took a HS shutdown to kill it. Anyway, its been running all day now without a hiccup. Seems like just a few minor issues when the lack of base code error occurs. Thanks for all your efforts on this one and I'll reply back if I find anything.
                  Thanks!

Comment

I decided to add a database backend and charting using FushionCharts. Here is a screenshot ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

When will this version be available for sale in the HS Store?

Comment

I just posted the UltraECM HSPI version 1.1.3771.35823 [beta]. The download list is at the top of this thread. Please try it out and post any issues you experience in this thread so i can get them resolved quickly.

New features:
                        • SQLite DB backend.
                        • Watts charts using FushionCharts.
                        • Other code enhancements.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                          When will this version be available for sale in the HS Store?
                          I hope to have it availabe via the HomeSeer store within the next 7 days (provided no major issues are reported with the lastest beta).

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

The UltraECM HSPI is now available via the HomeSeer updater and HomeSeer store.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

FYI - UltraECM does not have an Add-to-Cart link in the updater

Comment

Working...
                              X