How to configure Vera as Primary and Z-Troller as Secondary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to configure Vera as Primary and Z-Troller as Secondary

Since there are a few posts out there asking about running Vera as primary where people say you can do it, but no one actually posts the process for getting it to work, I figured I'd post is so there are a few less frustrated people out there.

First, DO NOT touch the "Controller Shift" or "Add Mios to another Zwave Network" buttons. Those will result in the Vera becoming a secondary. They only way to get it back to Primary if you do this is to open a support ticket with MiCasaVerde.

Now onto the process....

On the Homeseer interface, go to set-up\interfaces\manage\Replicate Receive (then stay on that page). On the Vera, go to add-remove-device\next\add-one handheld remote. That will create the secondary controller object in vera and convert the Z-Troller to secondary. Then, go back to Homeseer, and choose Import Devices. Once the devices are imported, you may need to restart Homeseer. It may also require a Rescan Devices after you restart to get everything properly configured.

I've now done this on both of my networks and it works fine.

The only issue I have, which I'm hoping to figure out, is that if I execute a command on the Homeseer side of things, the only way to get Vera back in sync with the device is to manually poll the device. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to get the devices to maintain state across both controllers. If anyone has figured out how to do that, please let me know.

One other caveat is that if you have door locks, they will not correctly import into Homeseer. Hopefully I'll get that figured out. I've got a thread going on that issue here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=154584

Hope this helps a few folks avoid the frustration I went through getting this to work.

Hi I'm contemplating something similar, so which device do you have your zwave stick plugged into, the vera? How does HS then communicate with the zwave stick?

Thanks

Comment

is this possible on HS3?

I cannot seem to find the command

Comment

Hi,

Am I correct in saying this means that both controllers are able to control the Devices connected to the Vera?

If I have understood this correctly, is it possible to add devices that are already paired up with my Vera to my Homeseer setup?

Thanks in advance for your help

Comment

Working...
        X