This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    Hi sooty, I have started to use Backitude on my mobile again and am now going to stick with it. I mentioned some time ago it would be great to be able to export location in realtime to google earth either as just a current location placemark, or get the last (realtime) x hours of locations to plot into a google earth map. Is this something that would be potentially feasible? I know google earth can take network kml files so I guess the plugin would need to read the location history from your dB and then generate a kml file / page. Many thanks

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk
    Yes it is feasible. If you want to send me an email with some details of how you would like it to work, then I'll take a look at it. It will probably be after Christmas before I can get it implemented though.

Paul..

Comment

hi paul ,

i was testing something , and i see that my new added device does not populate in my events .. it does show up normal in device list.

//Fixed it , restarted whole pc and worked
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Malosa; December 10, 2015, 05:51 AM.
      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

i am trying to set up the plugin..
        i am getting this error in log

Dec-11 11:49:28 PM PHLocation (PollFM) Error getting FM position data for device [215]
        Dec-11 11:49:28 PM PHLocation Error (GetFMData) General exception! System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at f.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramymounir View Post
          i am trying to set up the plugin..
          i am getting this error in log

Dec-11 11:49:28 PM PHLocation (PollFM) Error getting FM position data for device [215]
          Dec-11 11:49:28 PM PHLocation Error (GetFMData) General exception! System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg) at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent() at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename) at f.a(String A_0, String A_1, String A_2)
          This looks like it could be related to bad FollowMee credentials.
          Check that you have entered the FollowMee API Key, User Name and Device ID correctly on the PHL tab of the root device for the relevant user.

Paul..

Comment

Paul
            I have been trying all the possibilities for over an hour.. can you log in to my system with team viewer and have look?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramymounir View Post
              Paul
              I have been trying all the possibilities for over an hour.. can you log in to my system with team viewer and have look?
              I've not used FollowMee for a long time so I can't remember exactly where the required info is on the account page within their web site.

You need the following info:
              API key (I can't remember exactly where this is on the site)
              User Name (This is the user name you use to access the FollowMee web site)
              Device ID (This is the unique ID assigned to your device and should be visible on your account page when you are logged onto the FollowMee web site)

I'm about to go to bed but I can help you further tomorrow if that's OK.

Paul..

Comment

Been trying to get this working with Geofency with no luck. Keep getting a "Could not connect to the server" message on my iphone when I test connection entry. I've set PHLocation up for server port 8181 which is the port specified in the URL entered into the iphone app. I've set port forwarding on my FIOS router. And I've set my windows 7 firewall to allow the plug-in to receive both TCP & UDP on any port. Any suggestions? I'm able to connect to HS3 just fine via port 80. Many thanks in advance.
                Ted

Comment

Originally posted by twking View Post
                  Been trying to get this working with Geofency with no luck. Keep getting a "Could not connect to the server" message on my iphone when I test connection entry. I've set PHLocation up for server port 8181 which is the port specified in the URL entered into the iphone app. I've set port forwarding on my FIOS router. And I've set my windows 7 firewall to allow the plug-in to receive both TCP & UDP on any port. Any suggestions? I'm able to connect to HS3 just fine via port 80. Many thanks in advance.
                  Ted
                  In a web browser on another machine within the same LAN, enter the url, replacing YourHSServer with the IP address of your HS machine.

http://YourHSServer:8181/phlgeofency

If you are prompted for a user name and password then the plug-in is listening OK on that port. If not, then either the plug-in's http server is not running on that port or the firewall on the HS server is blocking it.

If the above test is successful, try the same test from another browser not on the same LAN. If you are not prompted for the user name / password then the issue is likely that your router is not forwarding port 8181.

Paul..

Comment

Your post was extremely helpful! I now have it working! Turns out I had an issue with both my PC and router. For the Win7 PC I needed an inbound private rule specifically for the port. Running the firewall wizard helped; An inbound private rule for just the plug-in was insufficient. For the FIOS router I needed a 'custom' port forwarding rule for the PC which allowed me to specify 'TCP' protocol for the port; I had just a generic forwarding rule for protocol HTTP to the PC. Many Thanks!

Comment

hi paul ,

i have read the guide and i see that every known place need to created seperat for all users , but if i have 60 known places and 3 users i need to create 180 devices ?

Maybe as a request for the future to add a sort of adressbook , so that Nearest Known Place uses the adressbook(bases on name and coords) in the settings, and every device can read it also

or add new child device what tracks the adressbook ,

than u don't have to create so much devices for each person

thanks in advance
                      Last edited by Malosa; December 18, 2015, 02:01 PM.
                      Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                      Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Can some clarify how do you set a location?
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          Can some clarify how do you set a location?

Hector, its near the end of the user guide. Its this section below and example locations may be Home, Work, or Common places you go to that you can trigger events

Known Places
                          PlacesList.jpg
                          Each known place is linked to a single user so if for example you have 2 users and want to add home as a known place then you will have 2 known place entries, one for each user but with the same coordinates.
                          The plug-in will create a new Homeseer root device for each user / place pair. Additional child devices will be created for direction, driving distance, driving time, near, straight line distance, walking distance, walking time. As with user devices, any unwanted child devices can be deleted without affecting the remaining devices.

From the plug-in menu, select Known Places where you will see a list of any configured user / place pairs. To add a new user / place pair, click the Add new Place button. This will open the HS3 device configuration page where you can configure the device. An additional configuration tab will be available where you can change the following settings.

KnownPlace.jpg
                          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                            Hector, its near the end of the user guide. Its this section below and example locations may be Home, Work, or Common places you go to that you can trigger events
                            Hi Charlie, but how do you enter coordinates if you don't have them? Do you need to be in the place in order to get them?
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Nah, plenty of web sites where u can find the coordinates by inputiing a street address or clicking on a map.

Here's one I used. http://www.gps-coordinates.net

Once u do input All data for known places it auto creates HS devices. It's pretty cool.

U can create like a multistage events such as for example, if your less than 15 miles from home then bumb ur hvac temps up/down by 3 degrees; if your greater than 15 but less than 120, then bump your temps 7 degrees; if your greater than 120, then turn hvac off, etc....
                              You could play with your temps based upon the time it takes to cool your home.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk
                              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I created a new user for backitud. added ID that HS created to the phone and ran the test. Phone acknowledged it was sent ok, but log says the user is inactive. where do you enable the user in the PI?
                                Hector
                                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                                X