www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Wireless Receiver & Transceiver Plug-ins > Wireless Receiver & Transceiver Discussion

Old October 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Seer Plus

Script To Monitor RFXSensor Heartbeat

I am using an W800RF32A receiver with an RFXSensor for reading pond water temperature.

As the water is temperature controlled, it rarely fuctuates more thatn half a degree.

As a result the last change value goes for days on end without updating and I have been having issues with the system not sending a heartbeat, I would like to watch things a little closer.

Can I via a script, update the temperature device perhaps with an hs.setDeviceLastChange statement when a heartbeat is received.

The log give me this...

10/14/2013 7:07:04 AM AC-RF2 Processor --Processing Command from RF: RFXSensor Sensor #1782 - RFX System Voltage Sensor;Reading;499

10/14/2013 7:07:04 AM AC-RF2 Processor --Processing Command from RF: RFXSensor Sensor #240 - RFX Temperature Sensor;Reading;18

But don't know how to use that as a trigger for issuing an update.

It sure would be nice just to look at the device and see that a heartbeat came in an hour ago, even though the value did not change.

Thanks,

Dave