HS3 Beta Plug-In Available for Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Beta Plug-In Available for Testing

I've attached a beta of the IRTrans plug-in created for HS3 for those experienced users willing to do some testing.

Note: This is a paid plug-in ($39.95) and the beta will expire at the end of September.

This version supports core functionality related to receiving and sending IR commands in HS3 via triggers and actions.

What's Working:
    • Full support for selection of individual remotes, buses, and devices in triggers.
    • Full support for selection of individual remotes, buses, devices, and external LEDs in actions.
    • Triggers and conditions for detecting changes in connection status with the IRTrans server software.
    • IR sequence detection (matching on a sequence of signals within a time period).
    • IR code repeating (ex. HSTouch users can hold a button down to repeat an IR code).
    • Scripting support for sending IR codes and controlling relays.
    • Web interface for configuring the plug-in.
    • Send IR codes and control relays from the "Send Code" web page.

What's Not Yet Available:
    • Control of relays through events.

To Install:
    1. Download the attached zip and extract into the HomeSeer HS3 folder, or wherever your other working plug-ins are installed.
    2. Re-start HS3.
    3. Go to PLUG-INS | Manage and enable the IRTrans plug-in.
    4. You'll now see a top-level trigger called "IRTrans Trigger" when selecting a trigger or condition, and a top-level action called "IRTrans Action" when selecting actions.

If you want to use your existing learned codes, you can choose the "hs2_signals" remote when defining triggers. The problem is that they are all named by number which related to HS2's "Signal Location", which isn't very meaningful in HS3. I've created a utility that will create separate remote files for each HS2 infrared device along with it's learned codes, and the code names stored in HS2.

Please let me know what other features you want to see in this plug-in along with any issues you're seeing in the betas.

Thanks,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YoYo; October 2, 2015, 07:30 AM. Reason: Updated file attached

Which of the IRTrans hardware controllers does this new plugin work with?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It should work with all of them, including the serial, usb, ethernet, and LAN controller models.

Comment

Thanks a ton. I know the guys will be happy once they return from Christmas break to see this is available.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yoyo, thanks for this plugin. While I'm testing it, I'm getting the following message from the Installed Plug-ins.
          WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from IRTrans - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Thanks,
          Aldo

Comment

aldo,

You're getting this message after clicking PLUG-INS | Manage ?
            Attached Files

Comment

I'am getting the same error in the management page.
              I also can't find the hspi_irtrans.ini file in the config folder.

Thanks,

Comment

Can either of you give me the exact steps you took to see this?

Were you able to enable the plug-in initially?

Comment

Hi Yoyo,
                  You are correct, I get the error on the screen you posted next to your plugin. "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from IRTrans - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

I get the error after I try to enable it.
                  Not sure if this is of any help but when I run manually HSPI_IRTrans.exe I get connecting to server 192.168.17.133...
                  The host fail to connect.
                  Attached Files

Comment

aldo, it sounds like maybe an error is happening when the plug-in starts up for some reason. Nothing shows in the log?

Try disabling it, then go to explorer and d-click on "HSPI_IRTrans.exe" in the HS3 folder to start it from there. It should open a console window... any errors show there?

Comment

I get the error after I try to enable it.
                      Not sure if this is of any help but when I run manually HSPI_IRTrans.exe I get connecting to server 192.168.17.133...
                      The host fail to connect.

Comment

Thanks, that's the clue I needed. I just posted a new one, give it a try and let me know if that solves your problem.

Comment

Error gone and the config file is there.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Brian,
                            You have fixed the issue, thank you.
                            Now when I get into the plugin under plugin- IRTrans - IRTRans plugin page I get "Page not registered." error. I get this error also with the test plugin page.

I appreciated all your help,
                            Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
                              Hi Brian,
                              You have fixed the issue, thank you.
                              Now when I get into the plugin under plugin- IRTrans - IRTRans plugin page I get "Page not registered." error. I get this error also with the test plugin page.

I appreciated all your help,
                              Aldo
                              Hi Aldo,
                              I just haven't done anything with the web pages yet, so they're non-functional. For now, you'll need to edit the hspi_irtrans.ini file located in the config folder to change any settings related to the plug-in.

That also goes for code learning. You'll need to use the IRTRans utility to learn new IR codes for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X