No announcement yet.

Installing the IP THermostat plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm stupid.... The profile applies across the entire estate that's why there is only one on Zone 1.....

It's looking good. I'll knock up some Events over the weekend and let you know how it's working

Cheers
    Scott

Comment

Rien

So I have tried the following to be sure there's no problems my end:

1: Repaired the HomeSeer install
      2: Double Checked the instructions you sent this morning
      3: Uninstalled the Plug-In, restarted HS & PC, Reinstalled Plug-in and configured
      4: Setup a vanilla copy of Homeseer on a 2nd machine, installed only you Plug-In and configured the settings.

The outcome of all of this is that I am still not seeing any devices setup for each f the Zones.

The last entry I get in the log with DEbug switched in is:

DEBUG3: HONEYWELL Thermostat information retreivement --HONEYWELL Thermostat Zone Test --> Name =

and this just keeps repeating every 3 minutes.

I will email you directly the full log from the vanilla setup.

Would really appreciate your help here as being able to control the Evohome systems and specifically being able to set the Economy Profile when leaving the house is probably the main reason I would use Homeseer and just a bit frusdrated I can't seem to get this to work.

Do you think it could be something on the Evohome setup my end?

Thanks

Rob.

Comment

No idea if it helps, but my refresh is 900 seconds

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
          Hi Rien

Check if the file Newtonsoft.Json.dll is in the /bin/IPThermostat directory - Yes
          Check if the file Newtonsoft.Json.dll also exist in the homeseer root directory - Yes
          If there is a copy in the root too, please try to rename it. If this fails it is in use by another process, please tell me which process - renames OK

... and it's working.... I am delighted...!!!

As you can see from the screen shot, there is only a profile for one device and no local temps - what devices are set up?

Scott
          Cool, thanks for the feedback.

Have fun..
          Regards,

Rien du Pre
          The Netherlands
          Using:
          Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
          Plugin's:
          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRennie View Post
            Hi Rob

Yes, they just appeared in the Home Tab with no Type. I don't know why only one device has a profile but it looks good so far...

Scott
            Strange, they should have the type "IPThermostat"
            Regards,

Rien du Pre
            The Netherlands
            Using:
            Plugin's:
            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I managed to get the plugin working..
              After removing both the Alexa and "Wifi Thermostat" plugins (who both have the newtonsoft*.dll), and restarting HS nothing happened.

Then I configured the "ANNA" thermostat (which I don't have) with a fake IP and suddenly the Honeywell device was created..

Q: Is it possible to use the device value for something? Currently it's empty.

Suggestion for the device value:
              - the difference between the Temp and the Heatpoint? (like '0.6')
              - or the temperature: 20.6

Cheers
              DJ

Comment

Pwd in Debug Log

Suggestion: when debugging is enabled, do not display the passwords in clear text.

Question: when unchecking "debugging enabled" + SAVE, the debug won't stop until you
                - restart Homeseer
                - stop/start the plugin
                Works as designed or can-be-fixed?
                Last edited by DJF3; October 30, 2015, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                  I managed to get the plugin working..
                  After removing both the Alexa and "Wifi Thermostat" plugins (who both have the newtonsoft*.dll), and restarting HS nothing happened.

Then I configured the "ANNA" thermostat (which I don't have) with a fake IP and suddenly the Honeywell device was created..

Q: Is it possible to use the device value for something? Currently it's empty.

Suggestion for the device value:
                  - the difference between the Temp and the Heatpoint? (like '0.6')
                  - or the temperature: 20.6

Cheers
                  DJ
                  It should have the temperature as device value. I will check it in the source code.
                  Regards,

Rien du Pre
                  The Netherlands
                  Using:
                  Plugin's:
                  RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
                    Suggestion: when debugging is enabled, do not display the passwords in clear text.

Question: when unchecking "debugging enabled" + SAVE, the debug won't stop until you
                    - restart Homeseer
                    - stop/start the plugin
                    Works as designed or can-be-fixed?
                    I had enabled a lot of extra logging and you're right passwords should not be logged. I will disable it.

I will also check the debug on/off without an restart.

Thanks for your feedback
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Works perfectly, tnx Rien!

Comment

Hi Rien

I did send you a couple of emails, but was wondering if it would be possible to update the Honeywell so at least that there is individual devices for the:

- Current Temperature
                        - Heatpoint

This would make displaying the status of each of these and working with them for each zone much easier.

At the moment I am having to use scripts to remove all the irrelevant text in the Status (the "< BR>" in the string was a pain to discover) and put this text in to a text field on a hidden page then use more scripts on a visible text field to display the details I need. It's works but is very long winded and a bit unnecessary when we could just have individual devices.

Having dedicated devices for hot water Set Temperature, Current Temperature and Hot Water On/Off would be very useful too.

Could you let us all know if these changes would be possible please.

Thanks

Rob

Comment

Hi Rob,

This is on the list for the next version. I now have to take care of some other plugin updates and new project.

Keep you posted on the progress.
                          Regards,

Rien du Pre
                          The Netherlands
                          Using:
                          Plugin's:
                          RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by Rien du Pre View Post
                            Hi Rob,

This is on the list for the next version. I now have to take care of some other plugin updates and new project.

Keep you posted on the progress.
                            +1

Looking forward!

Comment

Still having problems

Sorry Rien,

I'm still not getting any devices created.

I've checked for the Newtonsoft.Json.dll dll and have it here -
                              pi@RPi2-homeseer ~ $ sudo find / -name Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                              /home/homeseer/HomeSeer/bin/IPThermostat/Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                              /home/homeseer/HomeSeer/Updates3/IPThermostat3.4.0.0/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

The output from the log -

Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: sessionid=
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: postdata={'Username':'xxxxxx@axxxxxxxz.com','Password':'xxxx xxxxxx','ApplicationId':'91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c'}
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: url=https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/api/Session
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: LoginHoneywell: Username:xxxxxx@xxxxxx.com
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Log in to server
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing info
                              Nov-02 20:02:44 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Set credentials for HONEYWELL Server request.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Getting further, but devices still not created

I've upgraded MONO to 3.12.1 (it was on 3.2.8).

Doing this has caused a huge response to be created in the log. So it seems that communication with Honeywell is working.

However, I'm still not getting any devices created.

I'm still on the trial for the plugin (10 days left) and am looking to pay for it once it's working. So all help appreciated!

Snapshot of log -
                                Nov-16 18:02:59 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doGet: value=[ { "locationID": 999999, "name": "Home", "streetAddress": "XX XXXXX", "city": "XXXXXXX XXX", "state": "", "country": "GB", "zipcode": "XXXX XXX", "type": "Residential", "hasStation": true, "devices": [ { "deviceID": 99999999, "thermostatModelType": "DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER", "name": "", "scheduleCapable": false, "holdUntilCapable": false, "thermostat": { "units": "Celsius", "indoorTemperature": 43.0, "outdoorTemperature": 128.0000, "outdoorTemperatureAvailable": false, "outdoorHumidity": 128.0000, "outdootHumidityAvailable": false, "indoorHumidity": 128.0000, "indoorTemperatureStatus": "Measured", "indoorHumidityStatus": "NotAvailable", "outdoorTemperatureStatus": "NotAvailable", "outdoorHumidityStatus": "NotAvailable", "isCommercial": false, "allowedModes": [ "DHWOn", "DHWOff" ], "deadband": 0.0000, "minHeatSetpoint": 5.0000, "maxHeatSetpoint": 30.0000, "minCoolSetpoint": 50.0000, "maxCoolSetpoint": 90.0000, etc.........
                                Nov-16 18:02:58 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doGet: url=https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/api/locations?userId=830115&allData=True
                                Nov-16 18:02:58 IPThermostat DEBUG1: getHONEYWELLState: Starting
                                Nov-16 18:02:58 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: value={ "sessionId": "0B8C3E90-9C20-4FF5-B723-02196EF9EB34", "userInfo": { "userID": 9999999, "username": "xxx@xxxx.com", "firstname": "XXXX", "lastname": "XXXX", "streetAddress": "XX XXXX Road", "city": "XXXXX XXX", "zipcode": "XXXX XXX", "country": "GB", "telephone": "", "userLanguage": "en-GB", "isActivated": true, "deviceCount": 0, "tenantID": 5, "securityQuestion1": "NotUsed", "securityAnswer1": "", "securityQuestion2": "NotUsed", "securityAnswer2": "", "securityQuestion3": "NotUsed", "securityAnswer3": "", "latestEulaAccepted": false }, "latestEulaAccepted": true }
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: sessionid=
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: postdata={'Username':'xxxx@xxxxxxx.com','Password':'XXXXXXX' ,'ApplicationId':'91db1612-73fd-4500-91b2-e63b069b185c'}
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: doPost: url=https://rs.alarmnet.com/TotalConnectComfort/WebAPI/api/Session
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: LoginHoneywell: Username:xxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.com
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Log in to server
                                Nov-16 18:02:55 IPThermostat DEBUG1: PollHONEYWELLServer: Parsing inf

Many thanks
                                Adam

Comment

Working...
                                X