Feature request - subdirectories for events, improved event search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request - subdirectories for events, improved event search

Its good to have events in categories. But with now more than 400 events its all getting a bit big to scroll through. If we had subdirectories like we have in windows (one additional level would help immensely) it would making sorting by categories a lot better imo

Also a search for an event by string could make finding specific events a lot easier, the more events I have the more time I spend trying to find a specific event

just an idea

People have been requesting this for years. Basically since the launch of HS3. While it would be Extremely helpful I doubt we'll see it short of HS4.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What would also be a good idea related to this would be to allow a full scripting UI for events (getting the full actions/trigger information - by querying the plugins) and third party plugin/web page designers could design their own UI for an events browsing page. I'm thinking along the lines of having a page showing how the events relate to each other, which devices trigger what etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          What would also be a good idea related to this would be to allow a full scripting UI for events (getting the full actions/trigger information - by querying the plugins) and third party plugin/web page designers could design their own UI for an events browsing page. I'm thinking along the lines of having a page showing how the events relate to each other, which devices trigger what etc.

Good ideas! It would be super groovy if you could do things like see which events use which devices. I imagine that it would make troubleshooting event engine issues all but impossible for HST though.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            Good ideas! It would be super groovy if you could do things like see which events use which devices. I imagine that it would make troubleshooting event engine issues all but impossible for HST though.
            I was thinking more so just to view the events (actually enabling editing of them would be difficult) in a more interactive way. Kind of like Z-Seer and seeing how the events relate to each other, perhaps even be able to watch them happening live with a combination of it and the ASCII interface or something (so you could have the event triggers presented and then if the device changes to that status the first trigger lit up and you saw it stepping through the event etc).

Comment

Working...
            X