Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Homeseeer server down at the moment ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the Homeseeer server down at the moment ?

I currently cannot connect via the Homeseer server and Alexa is not responding to any of my Homeseer device commands. Is there a server down at the moment.

It's working here in Alabama and so is my Dot.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. Still nothing at my end.

Comment

Alexa hasn't been able to control hs3 devices all morning here in MD

Comment

Same problem here.

"Trigger" events seems to work. But not the simple ones. On the Alexa page, devices are appearing "Offline" even after refresh discovery.

Comment

It certainly seems like there's a problem with at least one server. Seems like others are experiencing similar problems. Can you confirm if you are having problems logging into HSTouch via myHomseer.

Comment

Huh..Problem there too. Getting an "Unable to connect, click OK to retry" error. Trying through Android phone app.

Comment

Am I to understand that your local HomeSeer setup depends on an external server?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Myhs remote access is working fine for me.

Alexa app doesn't show the devices as offline. But when I issue commands to the echo, it says the device is not responding right away. Tested all hs devices and same result. Controlling other skills like hue work fine, so it is specifically an issue with hs devices

Comment

All back to normal this morning for both Alexa basic and HSTouch this morning!

Comment

Originally posted by GaryFunk View Post
                      Am I to understand that your local HomeSeer setup depends on an external server?

Hi Gary,
                      No. My local core usage was fine (One great reason to have HomeSeer!). But basic Alexa commands and HSTouch android remote control use the MyHomeSeer cloud service which is where the problem seemed to stem from.

Comment

I checked all the servers and the logs and could not see anything obvious. I restarted the service on the connection server. Let me know if anyone is still seeing an issue.

Comment

IT was down yesterday afternoon for sure (KC area)

I know when HSTouch APP prompts me to log in the servers are down. Agree with "glad my home isn't cloud based", I could still control home from my IPHONE, just not away from home.

It's concerning that Rich didn't see anything with the servers because most likely the problem will return. With Alexa Control and the recent Leviton announcement HS needs to get a handle on this Gremlin.

Comment

Originally posted by GaryFunk View Post

Yep, here I have a purchased domain, have let's encrypt ssl certs and host a reverse proxy in my home. I https wrap my main UI, and tcp forward HSTOUCH from our phones on the outside. The only component for me that still relies on myhs are my amazon dots. Eventually I would like to develop a skill that cuts myhs out of the loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So it's ok now for anyone who could get Alexa to respond?

Comment

Working...
                              X