DLNA Manager Feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olag00 View Post
    I will want to send an IR command to set the zoom of my projector to 2.35 if 2.35 movie, 1.78 if 1.78, etc...

I do have to go in and enter the aspect ratios because my "server" sometimes doesn't get the aspect ratio from the information on imdb.com
    I just checked which UPNP tags I have seen so far (WMP, Plex, Serviio, XBMC ..) but none seems to publish an aspect-ratio. Which server and which player are you using? One thing to try, is to turn debug or even superdebug on, play some items on your player and search the log file for anything remote resembling an aspect ratio. If you find none, nothing is available.

I did spot a "resolution" (ex 720x300) when using WMP as a server, I could make it available as a property so you could write a script but creating an HS device and triggers will clutter everyone else setup.

You are on HS3, right?

Dirk

Comment

I am on HS3.

I keep going back and forth on servers between XBMC, Plex, JRiver and Media Browser 3. The one that displays the aspect ratio is JRiver but I have to manually add it.

I haven't actually gotten the projector or the 2.35 screen so I am in the "design" phase of the media room in the house we are having built. I am trying to see which server is best to automate the media room.

I know whichever projector I get I will be writing scripts to control it via RS232 so if there is something that can be scripted instead of cluttering everyone else's, that is fine with me.

I also just ordered a Synology 412+ NAS that has a media server application but don't know any specifics until it is received.

I know XBMC has a plugin with HS3 and that has me leaning towards it but I like the additional features JRiver brings to the table.

Also, I tried the debug and super debug and played a movie that I added the aspect ratio to but it did not show up anywhere in the log. The movie title, description, etc did show up in log.

Comment

Also, I tried the debug and super debug and played a movie that I added the aspect ratio to but it did not show up anywhere in the log. The movie title, description, etc did show up in log.
        Did you search for resolution?
        Just (re)installed JRiver to see what they publish.
        Anyhow in the next DLNA version Resolution will be a property so you should be able to read it through scripting.

Dirk

Comment

I just searched and found the resolution in the log:

resolution="1920x1080"

However, the resolution will be 1920x1080 no matter if it is 1.78 or 2.35. The main purpose of what I am trying to do is get rid of the black bars when watching 2.35 movies.

I would need "aspect ratio" as a property.

Comment

I would need "aspect ratio" as a property.
            Think you are out of luck. You wrote you can manually add it to JRiver, have you traced JRiver as player or server and does it show anywhere in the debug log?

Dirk

Comment

Ok, no problems. I will keep messing with JRiver and see if I can get it to make the aspect ratio a property that can be seen by external app.

Comment

Working...
              X