Memory leak!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory leak!

Ok, I'm pretty sure this time: I believe one of the issues I'm having with the memory is caused by UltraGCIR which is added by the HomeSeer UI menus (which, in my opinion, is totally useless).

I try to select "Remove" but they are re-added the next time I start HomeSeer! How can I make this permanent? Or remove the UltraGCIR menu completely?

Given a fresh restart, HomeSeer is behaving very different depending on if I remove UltraGCIR from the logs or not. If I don't the memory usage is just climbing say around 10 MB each hour. If I remove it HomeSeer seems fine with 65-67 MB RAM for a time.

And I have a feeling that the Watchdog has a potensial memory leak too. Say I power on the WF2IR to use it learn some IR codes for the GC-100-6 unit. UltraGCIR automatically finds it and connects it. But is there a leak when I disconnect the thing?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Is HomeSeer running in a virtual machine?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes.

But HS behaved fine on a virtual machine earlier. I ran HomeSeer on a virtual machine from November 10th but the odd behaviour didn't start until sometime in December after upgrading the UltraGCIR plugin, RFXCOM, HomeSeer from 2.4.0.72 and HStouch Server plugin to 1.0.0.33.

... and does it really matter?
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        Yes.

... and does it really matter?
        I often wonder which side of Rupp is asking these types of questions.. The curious home automation help guy, or the guy wearing a HST-type hat. I had to assume Rupp was asking from a purely HA guy perspective because it honestly should make no difference from within the VM. However, from a HST-type perspective, if the VM virtualization drivers are leaky and you're accessing virtualization drivers you hadn't used before, perhaps that's part of it.

Again, I think it shouldn't matter since VM technologies should be well past memory leaks within the VM world.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Huggy,
          The reason I ask is as one who attempts to help users find software issues and attempting to reproduce them, this type of information is imperative. You may think that running in a VM is not important but just check the web for the various issues that running in a VM causes.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Now that you know it is a VM, will it affect your recommended course of action? Or are you just saying it is a VM problem...
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The menus are part of the HomeSeer API. I doubt the menus are causing any type of memory leaks as nothing calls the underlying functions unless you click on the menu item.

I am not able to duplicate the memory leak on my system and no one else has reported a memory leak with the UltraGCIR HSPI. For troubleshooting purposes, I suggest you disable all plug-ins and scripts and slowly add them back one at a time to identify which one is causing the issue.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
              X