Add new device gone strange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add new device gone strange

Hi, just updated to latest version and i cant add new devices, all thats available is zwave device or infra red device, where have all the other devices gone ???.

Try loading the backup file, I had the same problem but the devices were in the backup

Comment

Originally posted by goddard99
      Try loading the backup file, I had the same problem but the devices were in the backup
      Just tried that and no luck, you mean the config.xml backup right, tried a new config as well from scratch but still no devices. Somebody help as ive got lots of new sensors etc that i need to add.

Comment

Something happened to the devtypes.cfg file. Hopefully you have a backup of it, it is in the config folder in the main HS folder (or in the main HS folder if you are running an older version). This is one of several files that I back up every night.

Bill

Comment

Just checked and no backup ,should homeseer create a backup automatically, where do I get a new config file from. What a F*#@#ng pain , please dont tell me I have to re-install and start from scratch , I do have a ghost backup from 3 days ago but I dont recall if the devices were present then).

Comment

Check out this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...t=devtypes.cfg

Which includes a recent version of someone's devtypes.cfg file (posted as a .txt file). If you've added device types of your own, this won't restore them, but it will get you back the basic set.

Been through this several times myself, and the first couple of times I was not a happy camper, which is why I now back that file up every night (of course since I started backing it up I haven't had a problem...). I hope that in HS2 they do a better job of maintaining and protecting this file.

Bill

Comment

Cheers that worked a treat, config xml has also gone missing/corrup a few times over the last month, 1st time anythings gone wrong in nearly 3 yrs.Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X