Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CheckEmailPOP_V3_HS2.vben hangs

Using HS v 2.2.0.66

The checkmail script is hanging from time to time. Looking at the threads page I find multiple instances of CheckEmailPOP_V3_HS2.vben in a "running" state. Eventually HS crashes. Nothing appears the logs, other than the standard info message that the script is being run.

If I try and terminate HS normally the shutdown message appears in the log but HS doesn't quit. I have to terminate the process using the task manager.

I suspect this might not be the POP script but could be something wrong with this HS build.

I've just upgraded to 2.0.66 just in case there is an issue. That said, I have never seen it lock up or been reported before. It has extensive error trapping throughout the code.

What it might be is Freepop having problems accessing your mail and not timing out as it should. This may not like concurrent calls through the object.

I would suggest that under the event that fires the script, go to the action tab, press edit against the script and tick the "allow only one instance of this script to run"
    Jon

Comment

OK, I tried changing that setting. It hangs less often, but it does hang, eventually crashing HS.

I don't think it's related to connectivity because when I test the POP server using a seperate script outside of HS everything works smoothly. There doesn't seem to be a coorelation to any problems talking to the server.

I also tried commenting out everything I changed or added in CheckemailPOP_Trigger.vb. No luck.

Any suggestions on here to go from here? Is there a stack trace or something I can look for?

Comment

Not really.

With logging enabled, what are the entries in the log when you run the script?

Also, where did you download the script from. If it was from the updater, please download the latest from my site so that we are on the same version.

You may have seen Wiel on another thread was also having issues. He downloaded the latest and everything now works. I may have a bad build in the updater.
        Jon

Comment

Success

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
          Not really.
          You may have seen Wiel on another thread was also having issues. He downloaded the latest and everything now works. I may have a bad build in the updater.
          Problem solved. V33.0.22 has been running rock solid for about a day now.

V33.0.18 from the updater was the culprit.

Thanks Jon.

Comment

That's good to hear.

Looks like I need to get the updater version replaced ASAP!
            Jon

Comment

Working...
            X