This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange location values during add device

i just added a new device via the status screen. when i selected the location drop down, i saw all these extra values in the location drop down that aren't part of my setup.

is this normal, where did these extra values come from?

can i get rid of them?
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

What are the values?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

bath 1, bath 2, bath 3, bath 4, bedroom 1, bedroom 2, and a dozen other values i don't use
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Extra locations

When I read your post I was curious and looked. They are part of the beta apparently because I have many extra locations too. Maybe for more location ideas and less typing???

Comment

well the question is, where are these bogus locations stored and or how do we get rid of them
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Yes, I'm seeing these devices as well. This should be posted in the .135 beta forum so Rick will see this.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

ok, i have posted this on the .135 thread

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...823#post840823
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

This is what I'd try:

Shutdown HS
                In the HS/config directory open devtypes.cfg with Notepad
                Edit the file
                Save the file (make sure it doesn't save as devtypes.cfg.txt)
                Restart HS

If they come back it may be hardcoded in HS.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                  This is what I'd try:

Shutdown HS
                  In the HS/config directory open devtypes.cfg with Notepad
                  Edit the file
                  Save the file (make sure it doesn't save as devtypes.cfg.txt)
                  Restart HS

If they come back it may be hardcoded in HS.
                  Bill, thanks for the suggestion, but its not extra/misc "devicetypes", but rather "locations"
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Ooops, one last question.

Says you go to the STATUS page in HS web and you look at the location "LIGHTS" (assuming that's where you keep you lighting). Now, if you drop the location box do those extra locations show up there? If so, are there any devices that show up in one of those extra locations?

I wonder if you can create a temporary device in that unwanted location, then after creating that temporary device open it up and delete it, I wonder if that would delete the location you do not want. Those locations must have been put into you mdb file and I bet though a little time consuming they could be deleted by doing the above method.
                    Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

I'd been meaning to get around to looking at the mdb to get rid of these. They seem to have appeared with 135.
                      No Bill, that method didn't work. The extra locations actually only show up when adding a device.
                      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                      X