Alexa Thermostat Control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Thermostat Control?

Can the Alexa plugin control my Zwave thermostat? Id like to be able to have it set the temperature.

I know you need to go into the heat & cool setpoints, fan, and mode to update the "control use" in the "status graphic" tab of each device. You'll then need to run discovery again on Alexa.

Sadly, it is NOT working for my Nest Thermostat (even with Control Use set), but that might be because it's a plugin.

Z-Wave thermostats are scheduled for control with the V2 API (just released a few days ago in beta).

Comment

Thanks. I did an end around and created manual events to set the set points. I then tell Alexa to run event 67 as example. But the events need to be listed as sixty seven not numerical. Works well just not as sexy. Also I did get the system update yesterday. Seems to work the same but I was able to delete the plugin. In the docs for Echo it does show thermostat commands. But I still cant get that working.

Comment

CT100 thermostat with Alexa

I got Alexa to discover my zwave CT100 thermostat. Im able to tell Alexa to set to a particular temperature however that is it. I can't seem to get Alexa to tell me the current temperature reading for current temperature on first floor.

Is this possible?

Comment

I'm not sure if the skill can do that. I use Jon's helper and using the ref Id of the device, it does the job.
          ie.
          AlexaResponse=The thermostat is reading [devicevalue 636] degrees at [devicevalue 275] % humidity.

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Robert

Thanks for your response. I don't currently use Jon's helper and will be happy to download plugin. Since I don't have experience with plugin can you please elaborate on what I need to do exactly.

Thanks
            Chris

Comment

help

is Jono00 helper a plugin. I can't seem to find it

Comment

help

so I found jon00 website and downloaded the jon00 echo file but I don't know what to do from there

Comment

Take a look at the documentation. It's well documented. Try it with something very simple and build from there. Use my example, just replace the device reference Id of your thermostat device ref Id.

Robert
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

help

unfortunately I haven't been able to find documentation for the initial steps. I downloaded the file off jon00 website. it has two scripts under a script folder which I assumed I should move and put into scripts under HS3 on my troller. Also had one doc that I put under docs in HS3 and had one config file which I put under the HS3 config folder. Was I correct in doing these steps? there was no exe file

Also still don't know where to go from there. Can you please point me in the direction of the documentation. I apologize for not being able to find it and I appreciate your help

Comment

sorry

I feel like an idiot. I didn't realize I haven't downloaded adobe pdf. I now see the instructions. I will read and message on board with questions

Comment

question

So I have read the document

and for trigger 1
                        I did below

AlexaText=What is the first floor temperature
                        Mode=1
                        AlexaResponse=The thermostat is reading [devicevalue 103] degrees

I left everything else blank

now do I need to create an event and if so how do I do that

Comment

got it now

ok got it to work. didn't realize I had to say ask homeseer

I assume this is a requirement Any way to not have to say ask homeseer. would love to be able to just say Alexa what is first floor temperature

Comment

I know what you mean. I'd like to just ask Alexa. Unfortunately when you say "homeseer", you're actually invoking the homeseer skill which is what is needed to read the device ref info or initiate an event, script...or capi control.
                            You could rename the "homeseer" invocation word to something else as many including myself have. You can use this tutorial http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...light=tutorial

Robert

Comment

Working...
                            X