Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get the current setpoint from a TRV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm struggling to think of anything else to try. I would be surprised if you were suffering from faulty StellaZ products - I have 20 and no issues, but I guess it is possible. I would however still suspect Zwave comms. Have you checked the Node Information page for your suspect nodes to see how they route to the controller (assuming you have Zwave+ controller).....it may glean something. And have you Fully optimised the whole network using Plugins>Controller Management>Zwave Interface>Actions.

Comment

I did do the full optimise. I don't think they are faulty either. Last night I woke up and changed the wake up from 6 mins to 6 mins 1 second (just to have a change), and that one keeps waking up again, so its all fine again. Its just one now, which wakes up manually but after that nothing. Somehow I don't think it will be zwave comms, with many devices close by, and when I wake it up manually I get immediate feedback in the log, I can also get immediate access to the settings page with wake up etc.

This is the node page, doesn't tell me anything but maybe you can see something
      Attached Files

Comment

After a lot of waking up and changing the wake up times, my Kitchen TRV is waking up again. So all seems to be back to normal (for now).
        When setting the new wake up time, I did see I can set it to anything longer than 4 minutes ? I thought the minimum on StellaZ's was 6 minutes ? As mine are on mains power I'd like to set it as short as possible to get a quicker setpoint change. Should I try setting it to just over 4 minutes ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
          After a lot of waking up and changing the wake up times, my Kitchen TRV is waking up again. So all seems to be back to normal (for now).
          When setting the new wake up time, I did see I can set it to anything longer than 4 minutes ? I thought the minimum on StellaZ's was 6 minutes ? As mine are on mains power I'd like to set it as short as possible to get a quicker setpoint change. Should I try setting it to just over 4 minutes ?
          I've checked the StellaZ manual it says it only supports wake-up intervals from 4 min up to 180 days in 4 min increments.

When I set all my StellaZ up a couple of years ago the HS system only supported setting wake-up intervals of 6 mins upwards so I used 6 min..... so HS has changed since then which I didn't know.

How did you change the wake-up to 6m 1s in your earlier post ? HS doesn't allow secs. HS does whole mins from 1 upwards.

I don't see any problem using 4 min but again how do you plan to set it to just over 4....?

Comment

When I set the wake up Interval, it give me days, hours, minutes and seconds. So to have diferent wake up intervals I set my StelaZ's all to slighly different intervas, hence the 6 mins 1 second, 6 mins 2 seconds etc. Not sure this is needed, I think I read something somewhere.
            Here is a screen shot, of the new interval 4 mins 1 second:
            Attached Files

Comment

When I set the wake up Interval, it give me days, hours, minutes and seconds. So to have diferent wake up intervals I set my StelaZ's all to slighly different intervas, hence the 6 mins 1 second, 6 mins 2 seconds etc. Not sure this is needed, I think I read something somewhere.
              Here is a screen shot, of the new interval 4 mins 1 second:
              Interesting.....What versions are you on.....I'm running HS 3.0.0.297 and Zwave 3.0.1.87 and I get this
              Attached Files

Comment

Yes very interesting, looks completely different. I am also on HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.297, and 3.0.1.93: Z-Wave. So newer Z-wave, but I don't think that makes a difference as I set this up a while ago with your or even older version of Z-wave if I remember right. But I had a look in my log last night, as I encountered more problems. Although I am setting wake up to 4 mins and 3 seconds, in the log it looks as if it is sending it as 4 minutes so ignores the seconds. But if I go into the device later and retrieve the wake up settings it shows 4 minutes and 3 seconds again.
                I have set up notifications for any TRV or my main thermostat, if they do not send a wake up for 60 mins I get a pushover message. Yesterday ALL of my TRV's and my Secure 321 main thermostat stopped sending wake ups. They did when I started to manually wake them up, but again, not after. I had to change the wake up interval again to get them to wake up again. Something is not right. Also my Secure (which is the closest device to my Z-Net) would not wake up again, until I reincluded it. (Add node and include without excluding it).

Comment

Maybe it's time you get some input from the HS team -they may want you to run your system with zwave debug on for a while and send the results.

Comment

Yes I think I probably should. I'll email customer support, see if I get a response.

Comment

I have not had a response from support. In the meantime, if I see:

Nov-12 12:06:04 <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">
                      </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"></td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Z-Wave </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> New Interface: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 21(Thermostat HVAC Study TRV root). </td></tr> </tbody></table><table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Nov-12 12:06:04 </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"></td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Z-Wave </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> New Interface: Device (Node 21) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent. </td></tr></tbody></table>

in my log, the send other data was sent successfully, that means the TRV has accepted the setpoint ?

And if I then see no more info, I could take that as confirmation that everything has been sent and received, and I can stop polling ?
                      If thats the case I can start buiding events around these log messages

Comment

And if I then see no more info, I could take that as confirmation that everything has been sent and received, and I can stop polling ?
                        If thats the case I can start buiding events around these log messages
                        Not necessarily....the node will have accepted the new value but, as I have mentioned in an earlier post, HS may not have read the new value back to update the HS device value if you see what I mean. That's why you need a mechanism for checking if the HS device value has changed and only then stop the polling.

Comment

Ok but how do I see that the HS device value has changed ? I had a look in the log but cannot see anything after the no more info message

Comment

Ok but how do I see that the HS device value has changed ? I had a look in the log but cannot see anything after the no more info message
                            Refer back to my set of events I posted earlier - look at the last event. It uses the event "IF <device name> has a value that just changed" from there you control what happens next.

Comment

There were some issues with .93 so I would try .94 or downgrade to .87.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                                There were some issues with .93 so I would try .94 or downgrade to .87.

Cheers
                                Al
                                Can you be more specific on how these "issues" relate to the ops question.

Comment

Working...
                                X