Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VB Script Question

Hello,
    I am creating a VB script in which I want to turn output pins on a remote Pi on and off. The Pi plugin is working fine, and normal Homeseer events that change the pin state are working fine.
    I am using the "hs.GetDeviceRefBtName", and "hs.DeviceValueEX" to get the device refrence number and current device state for the pin. These seem to work fine. But, when I use "hs.SetDeviceValueByRef" command to turn the remote pin on/off it doesn't actually do it. It does change the state in the "Devices" view on the Homeseer web page, but the pin does not turn on.
    I am relatively new to scripting with plugins and I am probably not using the correct commands to do this. Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    David

You may need to issue CAPI commands.

See: tenScriptAid for utility to display device info and generate commands, including CAPI.

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

tenScriptAid Doesn't work

Thanks Tenholde,
      However, when I download this onto my windows10 machine and put in the IP address for my HS3 server (HS3 for Linux on a Raspberry Pi running Jessie), it comes up with this error:
      Attached Files

Comment

Solved with Events

While not the way I wanted it to go, I have figured out way to do what I wanted using events. Would have been better to create one script that did everything by passing parameters rather that 3 x virtual devices and 6 x events, but I just don't have the time to go figure out how to control devices via raspberry pi plugin.
        David

Comment

Originally posted by dsieg61 View Post
          Thanks Tenholde,
          However, when I download this onto my windows10 machine and put in the IP address for my HS3 server (HS3 for Linux on a Raspberry Pi running Jessie), it comes up with this error:
          I believe the problem is linux. I do not have a linux box to test.

tenholde
          tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
            I believe the problem is linux. I do not have a linux box to test.

tenholde
            If it helps - I can confirm that tenScriptAid works very well when I execute it from my Windows 10 client. I am connecting to the Linux based ZeeS2V2.

tenholde - I cannot thank you enough for creating and sharing this utility. It is an extremely helpful tool.

Comment

Originally posted by dsieg61 View Post
              Thanks Tenholde,
              Did you extract all four files from the zip file into the same folder, and then run the .exe file from that folder?

tenholde
              tenholde

Comment

Working...
              X