www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P)

Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P) Discussions related to the third party GE Concord security panel plugin.

Old November 7th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Seer Master

Concord plugin source code on Sourceforge

Just wondering how up to date the source code for the Concord plugin on Sourceforge is. Just examining it out of curiosity and i noticed a lot of reference to HS2.

I do understand that Piperpilot did the original work. I read this in the Legacy plugins section. Did it change direction with the introduction of HS3.
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
Just wondering how up to date the source code for the Concord plugin on Sourceforge is. Just examining it out of curiosity and i noticed a lot of reference to HS2.

I do understand that Piperpilot did the original work. I read this in the Legacy plugins section. Did it change direction with the introduction of HS3.
Correct, the current version for HS3 is a rewrite of the original code to address the differences between HS2 and HS3 as well as cleanup/rewrite some of the code.

Z
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Seer Master

Did you decide not to push the rewritten code onto Sourceforge like Piperpilot did. It was interesting to see how the code was developed and exactly what it did. Did Piperpilot step away from the project.
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
Did you decide not to push the rewritten code onto Sourceforge like Piperpilot did. It was interesting to see how the code was developed and exactly what it did. Did Piperpilot step away from the project.
You'll need to ask Matt that. I came in later.

Z
Old November 7th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Seer Master

Ok vasrc thanks. It is a great plugin. Very solid and runs with little or no trouble. I'd love to know how many HS3 users actually use it.
Old November 8th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Seer Deluxe

Yes, piperpilot handed over the controls to me to support and bring it along as we all know everyone's priorities change. Myself included.

"Vasrc" has offered his expertise in porting the original code from HS2 > HS3 and included Linux support. I appreciate all his efforts and if you enjoy the PI, you should give him thanks as well.

We, or I had the intentions of putting it out there on Sourceforge but decided after more thought it would be better to keep it under the control of a few. I can tell you that the original HS2 code had some sprinkles of other code references so I know piperpilot had some help from Caddx I believe. It is a very stable PI. More so than any other PI I have running actually.

And I think more are running it than we think? ;o)

Thanks, Matt
3P-Plugins Admin: GE Concord HS3, Venstar tStat HS3 (beta)
Scripts: n/a
Server: Win8 (64bit), Intel i5-4670 3.4Ghz, Asus Z87i MB, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD/1TB SATA
Old November 11th, 2017, 09:04 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm55 View Post
Yes, piperpilot handed over the controls to me to support and bring it along as we all know everyone's priorities change. Myself included.

"Vasrc" has offered his expertise in porting the original code from HS2 > HS3 and included Linux support. I appreciate all his efforts and if you enjoy the PI, you should give him thanks as well.

We, or I had the intentions of putting it out there on Sourceforge but decided after more thought it would be better to keep it under the control of a few. I can tell you that the original HS2 code had some sprinkles of other code references so I know piperpilot had some help from Caddx I believe. It is a very stable PI. More so than any other PI I have running actually.

And I think more are running it than we think? ;o)

Thanks, Matt
Yes I've given vasrc thanks on a number of occasions. Just wasn't sure what the hierarchy was here.Plugin is very solid as you say and great that it works under Linux too.

I did enjoy looking through the code that Piperpilot put up on Sourceforge. Answered a couple of questions I had about the Concord panel too. I understand that GE tend to keep technical details very close to their chest. The GE RS232 Protocol manual was very useful too.

I'd imagine quite a few HS3 users have it installed.

Thanks again.