www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P)

Concord 4 Security Panel Plug-in (3P) Discussions related to the third party GE Concord security panel plugin.

Old December 18th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Seer

Update to V3.1.13.8 "no delay" option

Hello,

After updating to V3.1.13.8 it seems the option for "no delay" now includes "Away" and "Stay". Before the update the "No Delay" option only affected arming in "Stay" mode.

In the Control Panel the old version even mentioned "Arming Options (Arm Stay Only)" now it just says "Arming Options".

Is there anyway to revert to the old behavior?
Old December 19th, 2017, 09:45 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsonrt1 View Post
Hello,

After updating to V3.1.13.8 it seems the option for "no delay" now includes "Away" and "Stay". Before the update the "No Delay" option only affected arming in "Stay" mode.

In the Control Panel the old version even mentioned "Arming Options (Arm Stay Only)" now it just says "Arming Options".

Is there anyway to revert to the old behavior?
You could revert back to the previous version, but it's probably best to resolve the issue.

I'm guessing the problem is No Delay on Away doesn't let you get out of the House... Probably not the brightest thing I've coded

The change came about because it was requested to be able to remotely arm the system (ie you forgot to when you left). Problem is, Concord won't Arm Away without a door transition, so you end up with Arm Stay instead, hence the no delay option.

Clearly, making Arm Away not work at all to allow Remote Arming isn't going to fly, so I'll remove that option and add a "Remote Arm" pluginfunction instead (which is what I should have done originally)..

Vers 9 should be up with the change.

Z
Old December 19th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
You could revert back to the previous version, but it's probably best to resolve the issue.

I'm guessing the problem is No Delay on Away doesn't let you get out of the House... Probably not the brightest thing I've coded

The change came about because it was requested to be able to remotely arm the system (ie you forgot to when you left). Problem is, Concord won't Arm Away without a door transition, so you end up with Arm Stay instead, hence the no delay option.

Clearly, making Arm Away not work at all to allow Remote Arming isn't going to fly, so I'll remove that option and add a "Remote Arm" pluginfunction instead (which is what I should have done originally)..

Vers 9 should be up with the change.

Z
I used the script you provided a while back to create 2 events to pass parameters to the panel and created two virtual devices, one called Concord Arm and the other Concord Disarm. The parameters passed for Concord Arm are 3 which is Arm with a delay and Concord Disarm parameters are 3 user code which disarms the system.

I now have two switches on the HSTouch screen which can arm with a delay and disarm too. This still allows me to arm remotely without having to trigger the entry/exit sensor.

Please don't disable the ability to arm remotely as the example I've given above covers both options.
Old December 19th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
I used the script you provided a while back to create 2 events to pass parameters to the panel and created two virtual devices, one called Concord Arm and the other Concord Disarm. The parameters passed for Concord Arm are 3 which is Arm with a delay and Concord Disarm parameters are 3 user code which disarms the system.

I now have two switches on the HSTouch screen which can arm with a delay and disarm too. This still allows me to arm remotely without having to trigger the entry/exit sensor.

Please don't disable the ability to arm remotely as the example I've given above covers both options.
The problem isn't arming remotely per se, it's arming Away remotely without having "No Delay" set. Vers 8 enabled Arm Away with No Delay which made the system "unarmable" (unless you climbed out of the upstairs window that didn't have a sensor attached ....

The original issue was arming away remotely without opening/closing an entry door on exit, so it would default to Arm Stay after a couple of minutes.

The new "Remote Arm" cmd for the Pluginfunction (what you are using in the script I believe) fixes that problem and allows someone to now Arm Away without having to open/close an entry door and therefore keeping it from defaulting to Arm Stay.

Z
Old December 19th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasrc View Post
The problem isn't arming remotely per se, it's arming Away remotely without having "No Delay" set. Vers 8 enabled Arm Away with No Delay which made the system "unarmable" (unless you climbed out of the upstairs window that didn't have a sensor attached ....

The original issue was arming away remotely without opening/closing an entry door on exit, so it would default to Arm Stay after a couple of minutes.

The new "Remote Arm" cmd for the Pluginfunction (what you are using in the script I believe) fixes that problem and allows someone to now Arm Away without having to open/close an entry door and therefore keeping it from defaulting to Arm Stay.

Z
Thanks vasrc.

I'll put it through its paces as soon as it arrives.

ps the plugin is working very well with Raspbian Stretch and Mono 5. It appears to be a bit more responsive and has less lag than I experienced with Raspbian Jessie and Mono 4. Still doing a little beta testing in conjunction with the latest builds of HS3 and the Concord plugin is holding up nicely.
Old December 20th, 2017, 08:30 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by concordseer View Post
Thanks vasrc.

I'll put it through its paces as soon as it arrives.

ps the plugin is working very well with Raspbian Stretch and Mono 5. It appears to be a bit more responsive and has less lag than I experienced with Raspbian Jessie and Mono 4. Still doing a little beta testing in conjunction with the latest builds of HS3 and the Concord plugin is holding up nicely.
Updated to v3.1.13.9 reworked the events and the scripts and everything is working fine.
Old January 8th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Seer

Thank you!!!