This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMax System Map Importer for HomeSeer

Attached is Beta Version 1.0 of my "CMAX System Map Importer for HomeSeer. Just place the .exe file in your ADI2500 folder. After the first time the program runs, a INI file will be created. Back up your HomeSeer XML file and irlbl.cfg file before using this program.

The program reads a CMAX project file (.prj) and then renames all Ocelot and Secu16I device names using the names in your System Map if the names in the System Map have been changed from the default.

Other ADI modules can be supported assuming the Applied Digital Ocelot plugin also create HomeSeer devices. No devices are created for SECUR16IR but when it is recognized, the HS's IRConfig is augmented to show zones. Send me a .prj file and I can add support for other modules.

The program also renames IR labels using the names in the System Map by editing the irlbl.cfg file (a backup copy is created first and is restored if an error occurs). The program prompts you to restart HomeSeer as the irlbl.cfg file has to be reread to take effect.

I will provide the source code upon request as long as you send me back an "improved" version .

Future Enhancements
    -------------------
    - integrate with Ocelot plugin?
    - add suppport for other modules
    - add ability to use IR labels instead of # for IR scripting
    - add ability to make use of zone labels

Jim Doolittle

[This message was edited by Jim Doolittle on Friday, 24 January 2003 at 07:42 AM.]
    Attached Files
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Jim,

ran the program and it looks like it reads the .prj file and completes. But I do not see anything change is HS, all I/O still have the default names in HS. Tried it both with HS running and not running, when HS is not running it automatically starts up.

Any ideas?

Tom

Comment

I haven't used the program in a while but it was designed to read system map .prj file and edit HomeSeer config file. I don't have the source in front of me but I believe the Ocelot devices needed to already exist and HomeSeer needs to be shut down before the program is run.

I also wrote a script that is run during HomeSeer startup that allows IR commands to referenced using System Map names rather than IR position number. Not sure how necessary that is with newer HS/Ocelot plugin versions.

I would have to check my emails but I thought I sent the system map code to one of the ADIOcelot plugin developers. Source is available upon request.

Jim Doolittle
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

Didn't see that I had to go under edit to create the devices:-0
        Ran that and it worked great! Thanks, that's a life saver.

Tom

Comment

I wrote the program as a tweak to existing stuff. I agree that it would be much better if it were incorporated into an Ocelot plugin. I would also like an Ocelot plugin that allowed direct access to CMAX code without the hassle of dealing directly with CMAX.

Jim Doolittle
          Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
          My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim,

Will this import X10 names as well? Do I need to create all of the devices(A1, A2, B1...O4 etc) in HS first?

Thanks

Tom

Comment

I pulled down the 2.0 System Map and adding to the plugin a synchronize button with a radial to select homeseer as the master or the system map as the master. If HS is the master then all defined device names for variables, IR Labels, device names for X10 and device names for IO points will be transfered to the system map. If CMAX is the master then the source will be the system map and any non-default entry will migrate to homeseer.

The original plugin supported 4 SECU type units while the ocelot can support several other types of units. I know some out there are using the Bobcats. I'd be interested to know how they if/how they show up. It seems to me that they are not supported or if they are then in a manner different than the SECU units.

Comment

Michael,

I have BobCats installed. What do you mean by "I'd be interested to know how they if/how they show up" . Are you refering to HS or the System Map importer.

Also, I'm assuming that you are in the process of adding the import feature to the ADIOcelot plugin? I just downloaded it and couldn't find any refernce to it yet.

BTW, very nice plugin !! Makes life simpler.

Tom

Comment

The plugin looks for types SECU16/IR/I/RELAY08, but I do not see where it looks for the Bobcat family. Does the itemization of units in the main setup window include the Bobcat? Does it have its own house code? The unit types are 6 for SECU16IR, 11 for SECU16, etc. Does the Bobcat have a unit type code?

Comment

BobCats do not show up in HS. I assign the data from them to a variable in CMAX and then read it in HS. They do not use house codes. They show up in the attach to comms box in CMAX just like the SECU16. I do not know what the unit types are, where can I find them.

Comment

Working...
                    X