Setup question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup question

My rain8net is responding by turning on and off zones, but the HS/MCS interface is saying that the valves are failing. I guess I have a communication issue, but I'm not sure, since the zones are responding properly. Seems like a 2-way comm issue. Any ideas on what I might have wired or otherwise setup incorrectly? Thanks

Joe

Update - It seems that the zones will respond to On, but not Off, unless I do "All off." Thanks.

Update 2 - I set all zones to run manually for 1 minute, then looked at the log. All of the "On" commands were there, but there were no "off" commands. That could be because HS isn't receiving the response that the On was successful, maybe.
    Last edited by ; July 15, 2006, 10:48 AM.

Somebody, Anybody, (Michael), Please Help! I'll have to put the low-tech controller back on tomorrow if I don't have a breakthrough! Thanks,

Joe

Comment

Yes it looks like the communications are not as expected. Enable the General Debug log, try to control a valve, and then post the file in the \Data\mcsSprinklers\ folder with "General" in its name. If threre are multiple of these then look at the date stamp in the name as well to get the correct one.

Comment

Must have been my cable. All is well. Thanks very much for your help.

Joe
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ; July 16, 2006, 06:30 AM. Reason: Solved Problem

Comment

I know I've had similar problems with "valve failures" in the past -- and it was also the serial cable (being loose or disconnected) for me.

Comment

Working...
          X