X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble programming new 2420 motion sensor

Mark,

I had a 2420 motion sensor crap the bed, so I used the replace function to put in a new unit. The plugin registered it, and it reports the protocol as i2CS, whereas the previous unit was i2.

I forgot to set jumper 5, which allows for software settings, and when I went to program the timeout, the plugin continued to report that there are setting changes pending, no matter how many times it sent an ON. Realizing the mistake, I put jumper 5 in place.

Unfortunately, despite that, the plugin STILL reports pending changes. I disabled and re-enabled the plugin, then reprogrammed the timeout setting. But alas, despite multiple ONs, it is still not programming the timeout.

Do you know if this is an issue related to the new protocol, or because I left the jumper off, or what? Should I delete and re-link, or should I replace it with another i2 device? Any advice appreciated, as programming settings has always previously worked. Thanks!

Edit: I have v1.7.2.5 of the plugin. For giggles I tested programming settings with another i2 version, and it worked as predicted. So either it has to do with the protocol or the fact that I added the device at first without jumper 5 in place. Will replace it with another i2 and see what happens.

-BD
    Last edited by BrunDog; September 2, 2012, 11:52 PM.

Ok, never mind, I guess!!

I did a factory reset on my original 2420 and it started working again. I replaced it back to its original place (using the replace function in the plug in - a brilliant inclusion, btw!). Programmed it as usual and everything worked normally.

Then I did a factory reset on the new 2420 with i2CS (with jumper 5 in place), added it as a new device, and what do you know... It works and takes programming updates normally! I guess the problem was initially adding the device without the jumper in place first. Oh well, good to know! Another HA idiosyncrasy.

Thanks again for the awesome plug-in!

-BD

Comment

Working...
    X