This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switched to 2313U and it seems a little sluggish

I originally had a 2414U (PLC) which I had to switch over to a 2413U to use the newer plugin. I have 43 switches, 25 of them have Version 6.0 but are not dual band. Before when I had the 2414, it was communicating flawlessly with my 18 switches which were located over 100 feet away from the interface. I also have over 60 X10 switches and the communications were flawless. (I was using a CM11a for communication.) Since I changed over to the 2413U (Dual Band), it seems like sometimes the switches have a little delay when I turn them on or off from the Homeseer system. For example, when I click a switch off, I have an event to to off three other switches. It seems like it should be within a second to switch them all off at once, but they turn off one at a time. (With the old PLC, they would run instantly, and altogether.

The message quality is from Good to Excellent on all of the switches but I have some comm reliability issues where some of the switches are in the 60-70% range. I am thinking that I need to get another Dual Band switch to possibly increase the signal strength, but would that be all I need? Would it be advisable to reset the new interface?

Is there any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve,

most users have the exact opposite experience; everything is faster with the 2413. But i do have some info/suggestions for you

1. 60-70% is very low; most stable/reliable networks are in the high 90s; I would check for noise on the circuit where you have low stats. as long are the two legs of your electrical service are bridged either by RF or hardwire you should be fine there.
    2. create a group for the devices you want to trigger at once via an event; the plm can only send one cmd at a time which can take 0.5 sec or more when its busy. turn on detailed logging to see what the log msgs look like during this event. You will probably see a lot of retries and delays.
    3. As for X10, its a know issues that the 2413 is not great at x10. But you went from 18 insteon devices to 43. this will have an impact on x10 quality. Most of us have given up on x10 at this point because of this. The x10 signals just get eaten by all the insteon msgs flying around.
    4. you can perform the hd reset and reprogram on the interface, but your symptoms don't indicate that this will help
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I will test this when I get home later. Also, I am still using the CM11a for X-10, and the communication strength is still great on that protocol. You know, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Thanks,
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X