Alexa not reading Omnistat/Omni units correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa not reading Omnistat/Omni units correctly

Hi there... I apologize if this has been in a forum before but I couldn't find anything. I live in Canada and I'm running the latest Homeseer (windows) with the Omni and UPB plug-ins. I have recently added Alexa into the mix and it works great except with Thermostat values. All my temperatures are in Celsius (including the plug in configuration) and Alex is set to celsius and the English Canada language. However, Alexa doesn't seem to realize that the Omni setting is in Celsius already and reports a wrong measurement. As an example the house temperature could be in the mid 20's (hot) but it reports a negative number (20 degree Fahrenheit converted to celsius) I'm not sure what am I missing? Thanks for your help.

It's hard to say if the issue is on the Alexa side or the HS/Plugin side.
    For the OMNI plugin, Make sure your logging is set to DEBUG, then try to control the thermostat a few different ways. Then, check the OMNI Logs and let's see what is being sent to the panel.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by kpd View Post
      Hi there... I apologize if this has been in a forum before but I couldn't find anything. I live in Canada and I'm running the latest Homeseer (windows) with the Omni and UPB plug-ins. I have recently added Alexa into the mix and it works great except with Thermostat values. All my temperatures are in Celsius (including the plug in configuration) and Alex is set to celsius and the English Canada language. However, Alexa doesn't seem to realize that the Omni setting is in Celsius already and reports a wrong measurement. As an example the house temperature could be in the mid 20's (hot) but it reports a negative number (20 degree Fahrenheit converted to celsius) I'm not sure what am I missing? Thanks for your help.
      What version of HS3 are you using? There was a problem that was resolved for this a few months ago. When asking Alexa what temperature the thermostat was set to it would respond incorrectly. It did have something to do with the Alexa app setting itself as well as a change Rich did in HS3.

Start with Post #79 here for what the issue was we were experiencing....

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=193584&page=4

-Travis

Comment

Working...
      X