This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesmbell View Post
    Mark, is the api documented anywhere? or were you using http strings for your plugin?
    I can try restAPI or postman to see if I can parse whats changed, but not sure of the strings needed for access.
    i'm using http strings

the api is available on the insteon site but i don't use the restapi. it doesn't support direct insteon cmds to the hub which is what the plugin needs.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

insteon support informed me there is no way to downgrade, just got off the phone

Comment

insteon support informed me there is no way to downgrade, just got off the phone
        they gave me some bogus email when I asked to escalate to a developer.
        custsvc@smarthome.com

i sent an email and referenced this thread.

Comment

insteon update

The only device that can connect to the hub is my iPhone using the insteon app. I have not been able to connect to the hub via any other means.

I talked to Insteon. They told me to contact my ISP for assistance. That makes no sense to me.

If it were a router config setting or ISP related issue, I assume it would also impact the iPhone connection.

No help from Insteon.

Comment

I called into Insteon Support and explained that I cant access Hub via 3rd party app. Tech wanted the name of it, i provided that.

I also explained that it seemed related to new SSL requirement and that if they could provide a standard browser access syntax we could fix homeseer with that. At that point, my tech said he has to elevate and would call me back. Not holding my breath, but hopefully the info provided will eventually get them to look at what they did.

Comment

HS2

I have the exact same problem. When I try to update with the updater I got the version 1.7.3.1. Now the problem is that the new version doesn't let me enter the IP address. I can't get the line in the plugin page, I only have the place for the COM in the interface page...

Comment

insteon hub connect

It might give them more motivation if they knew their own web interface (connect.insteon.com) has also stopped working.

Comment

Originally posted by drcastro View Post
                  It might give them more motivation if they knew their own web interface (connect.insteon.com) has also stopped working.
                  do you guys get the correct info when you use connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp

Mine shows the wrong info, but my IOS app works. When i was on with support, he said, give it some time is should clear up. I think he was trying to get rid of me since the app and hub were working.

Comment

looks like we are not alone

https://community.openhab.org/t/insteon-update/46665/4

Comment

I just got off the phone with Insteon. They are looking into the issue.

When I connect to the SSL port, I get nothing, and the HTTP port stops responding.

They are supposed to get back to me on this.

Comment

do you guys get the correct info when you use connect.insteon.com/getinfo.asp
                        I do see the correct information for mine and the Insteon app is still working correctly via SmartPhone.

Comment

Looks like this was Insteon responding to multiple security vulnerabilities...

https://blog.talosintelligence.com/2...n-insteon.html

I too just got off the phone with Insteon and they indicate there is "no way to downgrade" Frustrating...

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
                            Looks like this was Insteon responding to multiple security vulnerabilities...

https://blog.talosintelligence.com/2...n-insteon.html

I too just got off the phone with Insteon and they indicate there is "no way to downgrade" Frustrating...
                            if they have shutdown direct local http/https access to the hub this is going to be a real problem.
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
                            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
                            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
                            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

In the same boat as everyone else here. Wife informed me that there was no hot water when she was getting dressed - water heater recirc pump didn't come on as scheduled. Discovered the plugin not working, and now I will follow this thread. I am calling Insteon support to complain as well. These auto-updates are horrible! There needs to be a way to block these updates until the user is ready to have the update installed.

Comment

getinfo

I also see my hub info using getinfo, and my devices show up. But the connect.insteon.com interface does not appear to be able to get status of devices, or send any control commands to the hub to turn on/off, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X