Elk & ISY newbie quetions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk & ISY newbie quetions

Does this ISY plugin support the ISY Elk module? If not, are there plans/intentions to support it in the future?

I am trying to plan my migration to HS3 from HS1.7. Too much has changed, so I will be building my HS3 from scratch, rather than migrating anything.

I currently use:
    * My ISY talking to my Elk XEP via the ISY Elk Module
    * My HS1.7 computer talking to my Elk XEP via an old script (a script not supported in HS3)

The vast majority of my lighting programming is done via the ISY, generally triggered by the Elk or time. My HS1.7 doesn't do any lighting control that I recall, but I assume that I would like HS3 to have that ability.

The only Elk plugin that I know of is the UltraM1G3 plugin. I have nothing against that plugin, but I haven't tried it yet.

Is the best answer for me to use both the UltraM1G3 plugin AND this ISY plugin to create a tight mesh of communication? Or do I get some sort of vicious feedback loop with too much data sharing & redundancy?

I am speculating that the UltraM1G3 plugin and the ISY plugin would both create lighting devices in HS3? Is that a problem? I assume I would want to "use" the ISY devices and "ignore" the Elk lighting devices?

As a (planned-to-be) newbie to HS3 and the HS store, I am curious if this plugin will be for sale and/or "fully" supported? It seems like it has been in beta "forever" and I haven't found documentation. (No offense intended, I was just curious)

The ISY plug-in does respond to some of the events that the ISY sends for the ELK module. You can set up triggers for the various alarm states but that's about it. Some of the feed back I received early on was that better integration between the ISY plug-in and the ISY/Elm module wasn't really needed as using something like UltraM1G3 would likely be more complete anyway.

What you want to do within HomeSeer will determine what plug-ins you need. I'm not at all familiar with the UltraM1G3 plug-in so I can't say what capabilities that provides over what you'd have with the ISY/Elk module.

As far as getting the ISY plug-in back into the store, that is the goal. The HS2 version was in the store for quite a while and I wanted the HS3 version to have the same features along with good HS3 integration before submitting it to the store. It's pretty close, maybe even ready to go into the store and I just need to make the time to go through the process with HomeSeer. In the meantime it's like an unlimited trial period.
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
    X